No announcement yet.

Boy Scouts will allow girls to join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why the venturing program was not changed to match the Boy Scout program. Hey already are coed.

Comment

I knew the organization was going to crap when they were trying to sell 15$ popcorn

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
        Not knowing any different I always assumed the girl scouts program was equal to the boys. Why not improve the girl scouts instead of destroy the boy scouts? Also, it's Boy Scouts of AMERICA not other countries in the world scouts. I really don't care how other liberal countries do it. They got it wrong and that is why we left 200+ years ago. If they do it your way over there, go join them.
        Scouting came from England. Lord Baden Powell. World War One vet. Started scouting to make boys into men who would be leaders in the country.

Because GSA leaders are not willing to adjust. Even in BSA's Venturing program it's tough to find female leaders who like to camp and do high adventure in near the same numbers as male leaders. It's a constant challenge. As these young ladies age and have girls in the organization that will become less of a challenge because they will enjoy the outdoors with them.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Folks it's not going to be easy but most of you folks will get over it in a generation or two.
          I think it's pretty arrogant of you to assume we are all wrong and should change our views to support your liberal agenda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
            I knew the organization was going to crap when they were trying to sell 15$ popcorn
            Really is a shame in that. But really it's a donation with a token return. Not like they are trying to provide you with a value purchase.

Comment

Girl Scouts is not equivalent. That's like the separate but equal crud in education for blacks and whites of the past. It wasn't, it didn't work and it was over ruled and changed as it should have been. They are two different organizations with separate goals and programs.
              but we are not talking about the past and most certainly not about race.
              I am talking about Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts; now I have never been in the Girl Scouts so I don't know much about them, but as I stated earlier; if they want to do the same thing as the boys do, so be it, I don't have a problem with it.
              think of it as segregation or what ever if you want to, but in this case it's o.k. by me.

Comment

So girls can't be trained in leadership, community involvement, outdoor skill, survival, cooking, camping, hiking, swimming, horseback riding, shooting, archery . . . etc? What is the problem with the young ladies being treated as equals?

Or is this a matter of "separate but equal" for gender instead of race?
                its called Boy Scouts for a reason----B O Y S

Comment

And don't put your prejudice against women into the BSA.
                  It’s not Scouts of America, it’s Boy Scouts of America . It’s not Scouts of America, it’s Girl Scouts of America . My son will not be joining the Girl Scouts and my daughter will not be joining the Boy Scouts. If the GSA are not getting to camp and fish ? Like you mentioned, they need to fix it on there end.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    I think it's pretty arrogant of you to assume we are all wrong and should change our views to support your liberal agenda.

It's pretty arrogant of you to assume I am arrogant. You're just right and wrong at the same time.

I like tradition. I like having archery season just for traditional archers. But wait, compounds are allowed. Well okay at least they are vertical bows. Now crossbows are allowed.

Well guess what? We still archery hunt with all three. One does not deprive the other. Did I like all the changes? Not at first. But I soon realized they didn't take anything from me when they allowed the others in my club.

However I know I'm out there teaching community service, character development, outdoor skills and leadership to young men and women in our community and I don't need your approval or endorsement.

Comment

Don't anyone be outraged one morning when little Johnny is running around telling everyone to smell his finger after one of these coed scout outings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will happen with or without the outing.

Folks I gotta get some sleep. Been a pleasure debating with you. God bless and good night.

Comment

Folks I gotta get some sleep. Been a pleasure debating with you. God bless and good night.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                            Don't anyone be outraged one morning when little Johnny is running around telling everyone to smell his finger after one of these coed scout outings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            come on now, I think everyone here gets the gist of the potential problems.

Comment

It's pretty arrogant of you to assume I am arrogant. You're just right and wrong at the same time.

I like tradition. I like having archery season just for traditional archers. But wait, compounds are allowed. Well okay at least they are vertical bows. Now crossbows are allowed.

Well guess what? We still archery hunt with all three. One does not deprive the other. Did I like all the changes? Not at first. But I soon realized they didn't take anything from me when they allowed the others in my club.

However I know I'm out there teaching community service, character development, outdoor skills and leadership to young men and women in our community and I don't need your approval or endorsement.
                              Apples to oranges. Men and women are different. Boys and girls are different. Gender neutrality is not a good thing. Each gender has their niche. Male bonding and mentorship of our male youth is important. It is important for our female youth. They need to be seperated. They develop differently. No need for me to go on a psychology or sociology rant. Men are being attacked by this agenda. You will develop men unwilling to fight, unwilling to stand up for women, and unwilling to protect our values. It's already happening at an alarming rate. When men and women compete, nobody wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                                You fell for the bait. The whole community has access to both groups. There are but two genders. Confused? Just look in your pants for either an innie or an outie. That simple. Don't put your pc agenda into my boy scouts.

I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X