Boy Scouts will allow girls to join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
    the downfall of the Boy Scouts started long ago, it's sad to see the dismantling of the U.S.A.
    we are our worse enemy.
    It is a societal change. Creation was tarnished when Adam sinned. Through the ages the tarnish has become corrosion and the corrosion has created erosion. We are on a collision course with the inevitability of God's plan for the final salvation of our world.

However giving our daughters the equal opportunity offered to our son's isn't a sin.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I agree it's an agenda. But it's an agenda to provide to the whole community what only half enjoy now.
      You fell for the bait. The whole community has access to both groups. There are but two genders. Confused? Just look in your pants for either an innie or an outie. That simple. Don't put your pc agenda into my boy scouts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I learned more from my Grandfather on hunting trips growing up, than any Boy Scout camping trip could teach.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
          I was talking to our scoutmaster tonight and he brought up a good point. If they are allowed to form their own troop in Boy Scouts then that is not a problem. He said he thought if they make the troops coed then a lot of leaders will not be interested in the campouts. It is one thing to watch over a group of boys another to watch over coeds
          It's a challenge. I am a scoutmaster and lead advisor of a venturing crew. But seeing the young ladies enjoying a campfire, canoe race or orienteering challenge makes all the extra effort and time worth while.

Comment

It is very strange indeed. You would think the name "Boy Scouts" would imply it's for boys.

Originally posted by Cprothro View Post
            I have a four year old boy. I have been looking into Trail Life USA for him. Any insights to that organization?
            Don't know much about this but my wife is the head of a troop for American Heritage Girls which is the equivalent for girls. It is a relatively new troop and she has been involved for a little over a year now and it has been good.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
              You fell for the bait. The whole community has access to both groups. There are but two genders. Confused? Just look in your pants for either an innie or an outie. That simple. Don't put your pc agenda into my boy scouts.

And don't put your prejudice against women into the BSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                It is very strange indeed. You would think the name "Boy Scouts" would imply it's for boys.

Don't know much about this but my wife is the head of a troop for American Heritage Girls which is the equivalent for girls. It is a relatively new troop and she has been involved for a little over a year now and it has been good.
                I hear really good things about that organization.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterdrake View Post
                  So the decision was based on financial gain? Shouldn't it be for the Boys that are in Scouting?
                  Might be some of that thrown in there to. I just know that friends of mine in scouting have daughters who come to meetings and think the program is great. I don't feel then need to exclude them anymore than I would excluding any other youth.

Comment

All I will say is both genders are equal, and should be treated as equal. With that said boys and girls are not the same. There should be organizations for boys only and for girls only. I think they are asking for trouble at this age combining girls and boys for scouting.

Comment

It is a societal change. Creation was tarnished when Adam sinned. Through the ages the tarnish has become corrosion and the corrosion has created erosion. We are on a collision course with the inevitability of God's plan for the final salvation of our world.

However giving our daughters the equal opportunity offered to our son's isn't a sin.
                      I agree with the first paragraph of your post. however our daughters do have equal opportunities offered to our sons, it's called the Girl Scouts and if they want to do some of the things that the Boy Scouts do then let them. I have no problem with them doing masculine things. but why change what has worked for so long? boys and girls at that age are too distracted by each other to learn anything that is being taught, imo.

it's just another attempt to tear the fabric of our society apart by the left.

Comment

Oh boy....er girl...er....****...now you're ****in up a perfectly good expression with that **** too...

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                          I agree with the first paragraph of your post. however our daughters do have equal opportunities offered to our sons, it's called the Girl Scouts and if they want to do some of the things that the Boy Scouts do then let them. I have no problem with them doing masculine things. but why change what has worked for so long? boys and girls at that age are too distracted by each other to learn anything that is being taught, imo.

it's just another attempt to tear the fabric of our society apart by the left.
                          Girl Scouts is not equivalent. That's like the separate but equal crud in education for blacks and whites of the past. It wasn't, it didn't work and it was over ruled and changed as it should have been. They are two different organizations with separate goals and programs.

Comment

Folks it's not going to be easy but most of you folks will get over it in a generation or two.

Comment

And don't put your prejudice against women into the BSA.
                              You mistake tradition for prejudice. Girls simply do not belong in BOY Scouts. There are GIRL Scouts. This is simply watering down gender identity and playing political chess with our children as the pawns. It's disgusting.

Comment

Not knowing any different I always assumed the girl scouts program was equal to the boys. Why not improve the girl scouts instead of destroy the boy scouts? Also, it's Boy Scouts of AMERICA not other countries in the world scouts. I really don't care how other liberal countries do it. They got it wrong and that is why we left 200+ years ago. If they do it your way over there, go join them.

Comment

Working...
                                X