• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
    Patton

Your PM box is full. Trying to send you a PM
    Originally posted by Grulla View Post
    Ditto
    Whoops, I let my membership lapse and must have lost space. Should be good to go now.
    Last edited by Patton; 11-13-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Down town P Brown!!

Comment

thats a great sika

Comment

Great sika.....whitetail too for that matter. Congrats!

Comment

Nice sika, Patton!

Comment

I hope things are getting better in other parts of the county. Still not seeing much activity. How about y’all?

Comment

Acorns, acorns, acorns. Best strategy at this point would be to put down the bow and hunt where you can see a lot of country. Bucks are rutting and receptive to rattling. The deer just have no reason to hit feeders with all the acorns still around.

Comment

We are starting to see more deer but they are rutting hard every time a doe walks out it has a buck on her butt. We are having are best of luck in open flats on hand corn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	196679CF-E13E-4D5E-9CB0-CEE5F24349F6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24519719 shot this one Friday morning. He was with a bigger 9 and a 4 point. Seems like the rut has come and gone a little early in Edwards

Comment

I have not seen any rut here unless I completely missed it since opening weekend. None of the does have had any bucks chasing them. If it’s come and gone it was really early.

Comment

There probably still at it, I just think I stared earlier than usual and is winding down now rather than just getting good

Comment

Its been real slow at my place outside of Camp Wood. It was warm today, still tons of acorns and sounded like a war zone.

Comment

Hunted in Edwards/Camp Wood from Thursday-Thursday this past week. Small bucks were starting to push. I did have my first bull elk encounter while stalking around. Have a few big bucks on cam still but I wasn’t feeder hunting this trip so no clue how the action is at the feeders.

Comment

Edwards/Real Counties 2017/2018

Found a blackbuck on the ranch road that was laid up. Twice when he tried to stand he fell down. When he did get up and stagger off I noticed one of his legs was broken and swinging so I decided to put him down. Not the way I hoped or imagined, but my 4th free range exotic species taken off the ranch. No celebration ensued, I wanted this guy to grow bigger and actually hunt him, not a mercy kill. He had a puncture under his armpit and on the shoulder- I think he got his butt kicked in a fight by one of the larger guys running around.

Last edited by Patton; 11-27-2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X