Monster Oklahoma buck poached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by primative View Post
    On a lighter note I want to congratulate the person who grew that deer, your doing something right.
    God says, "Thank you. It was nuthin."

Comment

Y'all do know there is a huge underground market for trophy racks... right??? That rack is worth a couple of grand to the right buyer. Just another byproduct of the growing obsession with large antlers..

Comment

Thanks Sooner00, I wasn't sure how to post both pics. I am a taxidermist, and when I saw those browtines I remembered them from the other thread.

Comment

I agree that it's the same deer.

Any recent updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            God says, "Thank you. It was nuthin."

Absolutely!

Comment

Wonder why they didnt pick him up after they shot him?????

Comment

Same deer. very sad deal. keep us informed.

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                  What I don't get is why shoot that buck. Although I don't agree with it, I "could" see poaching for meat, but why shoot a trophy like that, you could never show it off.
                  Heck, half the deer on the walls at Carter Country in Houston were poached. I knew the guy that did it.

Back on topic that deer was incredible. Absolutely beautiful rack. Non-typical without looking freaky.

Comment

awesome buck

Comment

I heard all about it ......awesome deer...

Yes it was shot with a gun, but it was not recovered from the poacher.

The deer was found dead and then reported by the people that found it, the deer will be mounted and hung in a office..iut is currently at the taxidermists

There was a hunter that had permission to hunt on the property and was holding the location of this deer very discreet, and is sickened to loose this deer in this manner..
                      Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 10-10-2009, 10:30 AM.

Comment

WOW thats a 200 class buck. Sad

Comment

What a beautiful deer. To bad he had to go that way. Glad that the poacher didn't end up with the deer though.

Comment

Wow, this is weird since the guy that forwarded me the pic came into my office again yesterday. I thought my patient was getting hood winked by his buddy who said the deer was on his trail camera. Looked to me to be too big of a deer for around here. I figured the people on here, TBH, would have seen him raised as a pen deer or something of the sort so I could blow the wind out of his sails. But I have not been on in a few days and got an email from tuffbroadhead.

The trail camera pic is from on top of Poteau Mountain near Poteau, OK which is close but too far from Wilburton. Also, this is the largest hill in the world. I think it is 9990 ft which, I believe is 10 feet shy of a mountain. It is 4 miles up and can only get to the property with an extreme offroad vehicle. It is a 200 acre parcel of property surrounded by oil leases with fence around it so it is extremely difficult to get to, if not impossible, unless you knew it was there.

That is where the story is funny. I guess the deer could have traveled 4 miles down the mountain and wandered to Wilberton.

The guy has several more pics of him. This pic was taken off the trail camera with his phone hence, the poor quality.

He has been feeding and taking care of these animals for 20 years with some pretty big deer on camera and a half dozen on the wall. This was all information from the patient of mine. This is all I know about it.

If it is right, that the guy had been watching him and was upset with finding this out that would go along with this story. What a shame since Deer season opened October 1st and it could have been taken legally. Sure looks like the same buck to me. I will be happy to relay what I know to the proper authorities I would like to help find those who did this. Such a waste especially if the guy was watching him and was trying to get an arrow in him legally.

Comment

I think it is 9990 ft which, I believe is 10 feet shy of a mountain.
                              I think you mean 1990 ft

It definitely looks like the same deer to me

Comment

I know it was 10 ft shy of a mountain but did not know how high? ; )

Comment

Working...
                                X