Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backyard Make over with pool and kitchen......and all the crap that goes with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birddoggin View Post
    just trying to get an idea of size, what were the dimensions of the pool AND your yard? checking to see what my side yard could handle....

looks great and love the outside kitchen!
    I will get them for you tonight buddy

Comment

Thanks guys I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm starting to see the end I think. They poured slab for the pergola and we completed the other flower bed that runs along the fence. I also started building the pergola last night and hope to get it finished this afternoon. It's 12'x12' and all the cedar and post footing and hardware we're just under 1k at the depot. It's crazy what people are charging to build these things and so simple. I chose not to notch mr runners but thanks to the green screen screen insight we will be using my Kreg Jig HD, I'm loving this thing here lately.

They should be putting granite on today so I can finish the kitchen and bar I'll post pics when I get home. Then heading west to do some turkey hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!
            A question, comment, a suggestion and a warning.

Question- Why did they put the skimmer on the side of the pool opposite the pump and filter?

Comment- great decision not to go deep. The only reason is for a diving board, and if you're ever heard/ read of the neck injuries, however rare, you have one less headache to worry about.

Suggestion- Pull power to an outdoor switch and put a light above the pool equipment so if/when you need to check something and it's dark you don't need a flashlight. My in-ground pool is the first, and last pool I'll ever own. But it was worth the effort and cost when the kids where young up through high school and college. Not any more.

Warning- I know of 2 children who drowned in an in ground pool while a bunch of kids were in the pool, and a bunch of parents/ adults were gathered around the pool. As my wife says, "What sound does a drowning child make? None". You think it can't happen to you, but the 2 families I know probably thought the same thing.

Carry on!
            Last edited by Bill; 04-21-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Love Water Volleyball

I think that y'all will truly enjoy your sport pool. People of all ages have played and loved water volleyball in our 3.5'- 5'- 4' pool. Have fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                  Very nice!
                  A question, comment, a suggestion and a warning.

Question- Why did they put the skimmer on the side of the pool opposite the pump and filter?

There are 2 skimmers opposite of each other one really close to the equipment and one on the other side.

Comment- great decision not to go deep. The only reason is for a diving board, and if you're ever heard/ read of the neck injuries, however rare, you have one less headache to worry about.

Suggestion- Pull power to an outdoor switch and put a light above the pool equipment so if/when you need to check something and it's dark you don't need a flashlight. My in-ground pool is the first, and last pool I'll ever own. But it was worth the effort and cost when the kids where young up through high school and college. Not any more.

Warning- I know of 2 children who drowned in an in ground pool while a bunch of kids were in the pool, and a bunch of parents/ adults were gathered around the pool. As my wife says, "What sound does a drowning child make? None". You think it can't happen to you, but the 2 families I know probably thought the same thing.

Carry on!
                  Thanks for the info brother

Comment

Watch your kids. It's also a great reason to get them into swimming lessons now. I thought I knew how to swim until I took the Water Safety Instructor course to fill a phys ed credit in college.

Have fun.

Comment

Question

Originally posted by DownRange View Post
                      Update: Well I'm rethinking my support for Trumps border wall, because laying stone is an arse whopping. Lol. I'm glad I did it to know I could and I'm happy with the finished product but it took me about 10 hours of labor and I know some guys that would've had that knocked out in about 3. That's an art and much respect to the men that can do that day in and day out.

And for tips I only have one, if you're gonna do stone work this tool is worth its weight in gold. I didn't acquire it until I was just about done but it would have saved me a lot of cutting and chiseling.

Granite is being measured right now and hoping for install on Friday.

What type of material did you use for the framing of the counter / top ??

Comment

counter top

Originally posted by ace340cs View Post
                        What type of material did you use for the framing of the counter / top ??
                        The frame is made of metal studs and wrapped in hardi-board. Granite sits on top of the actual stone

Comment

Update: it's coming together. Here are some pics to bring it current.

Our first meal on the grill

Comment

This weeks project is a Mother's Day gift for my wife

This is what she wants so here go nothing

Got the top put together with pocket holes and glued and clamped to dry overnight. Will start with the legs tonight. Have to show off my cornhole boards I finished on Saturday

Comment

Awesome backyard!!

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Working...
                                X