Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Please explain your hours. You posted this on Friday, so you work more than 20 hours a day...or did I miscalculate?

What exactly do you do and what are your hours?
    Probably works 14 or 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. I work in North Dakota 21 days straight with no days off, 12 to 16 hours a day. You get used to it. Anyway 50 to 60 hours of overtime pay is where you make your money. Housing,company truck and fuel are paid for, all I pay for is food and a 400 dollar plane ticket each month to live the dream...lol

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
      BOY!!!! You are something else! I haven't seen a post you've made yet that......... Well never mind you'll figure it out one of these days!
      yep!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Most of those guys I know work a 7on 7off schedule to make that. Lots of money to work half a year and probably get more actual time home than someone working a regular job.
        Most people I know work for a service company and not for a driller or in production.

I agree, 7 on 7 off wouldn't be bad.

Comment

When i finally get on with haliburton, itll be 14 on 7 off.

Comment

Any luck guys?

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
              Any luck guys?
              The company I work for ( somewhere around 40 employees ) layed off 2 service hands last week. Our assembly guys arent building much. Machine shop ( where I work ) still has plenty to do but we have pulled in all the work we had subbed out. Not going to be a fun ride, but this isnt my first rodeo.

Comment

Now that WTI is at ~$50/BBL I think this is one that should stay bumped and updates added.

Comment

We went from 700 people to 250 today. No warning, hell we were told to hire more people last week. I'm still here but hours have been cut by a 1/3rd. Not sure what will happen next. But I did save 15% on my last fill up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
                    We went from 700 people to 250 today. No warning, hell we were told to hire more people last week. I'm still here but hours have been cut by a 1/3rd. Not sure what will happen next.

But I did save 15% on my last fill up.

and think about all the new friends you'll make standing in the unemployment line...

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                      and think about all the new friends you'll make standing in the unemployment line...
                      Not funny when some of us that are getting laid off are the only one's presently working to keep food in our kids bellies and a roof over our heads..

Comment

We went from 700 people to 250 today. No warning, hell we were told to hire more people last week. I'm still here but hours have been cut by a 1/3rd. Not sure what will happen next. But I did save 15% on my last fill up.
                        And companies want employees to be loyal....
                        Bad deal...

Comment

You may have said it before, but what company do you work for Dru?

Sorry to hear of the layoffs and reduction in hours.

Being new to O&G (sales/service), I'm naturally a little nervous about where things are headed, although we've been assured our company is in good shape to weather a downturn (and actually are still in a hiring mode). Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to keep selling and saving (and praying!)
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                            Not funny when some of us that are getting laid off are the only one's presently working to keep food in our kids bellies and a roof over our heads..
                            He was continuing the sarcasm from Dru

Comment

Wow. I own my own business trucking oilfield equipment and my butt is super stressed over all this. I've been hesitant to even open this thread. As of right now everything seems to be steady for me. I truck heavy construction equipment.

Comment

I got lucky today and thank the Lord that He is watching over me. I work for a small Oil and Gas company and we laid off about 70 of the 80 employees that we have. I have been working here for about 5 months and am extremely fortunate that I will continue to be employed for now. God is great to those who follow Him.

Comment

Working...
                                X