Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
    Exactly. You just proved "Some people's kids".

You have no idea what my take is on this issue, but you assumed you do. Good luck to you!

No I'm not a mind reader. But am man enough to say what's on my mind and not act like a coy little kid about it. [emoji6]
    So say what you mean by all means.

Comment

One last chart. Also, nobody uses the U3 unemployment rate. Take a look at U3 vs U6. Notice the flatness the last 6 months and uptick this past month.

Now, I'm not saying the economy isn't better than the 08-09 crash because it is. However, saying the economy is booming is really, really stretching it. I'd more accurately describe the economy as just making it.
      Attached Files

Comment

lol

Kids come in ALL ages...even old

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          lol

Kids come in ALL ages...even old

Eh, really nothing wrong with being a big kid. It's one of the spices of life truth be told.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
            The economy growth is stagnant at best. Obama is the 1st president in History not to hit the "magic" 3% number. Here are a bunch of charts (sources noted) of the great economy that the Federal Reserve has manipulated.

YRI Selected Daily Markets YRI Zoom Presentation Chartbook YRI Economic Outlook YRI Earnings Outlook Federal Funds Rate US Bond Yields US Bond Technicals US Yield Curve Global Interest Rates Stock…

The last 3 charts relate to Houston area. I chose Houston because that's the metro where I live.
            Please stop referring to Obama. You are making me feel like I have to defend him and I refuse to be associated with the man. He has not been a great president on many facets. Now that I cleared that up.

Bunch to cover here. First understand that the 2007 Recession was a balance sheet recession.

A balance sheet recession is a type of economic recession that occurs when high levels of private sector debt cause individuals or companies to collectively focus on saving (i.e., paying down debt) rather than spending or investing, causing economic growth to slow or decline.

So what occurred after the recession was everyone from individuals to companies were in essence skeptical of everything and saved everywhere they could. IE everyone was saving every penny and not spending a penny that didn't have to be spent. This causes a slow abnormal recovery. This current economy was never gang buster. Which is typically what happens in a normal recession. Economy goes up and falls fast and is quick to rise back up again. 2007 to now though you had fast fall and a slow steady rise back upward. So it never looks great on "charts" as you just have little increases. Two steps forward one step back so to speak.

With that all being said it is just a nice recovery compared to 2007. I still feel lower oil prices have helped in the last 2 to 3 quarters and stick by what I originally posted as back up.

I never said this economy is booming. Everyone keeps saying I do but I never have used that term. If you find that I did please let me know and I will recant statement and admit I was wrong and posted while drunk.

The Houston market is a tough to use as it is heavily oil dependent at times. While the housing market to a hit in Houston in other parts of the state Dallas and Austin have record sales last few quarters. That is why I chose to look at the state a whole. I did not just pick it because the numbers backed up my original prediction but chose so because that is what my original predication. The Texas economy as a whole would grow and not crash like it was 1980's over again.

Comment

One last chart. Also, nobody uses the U3 unemployment rate. Take a look at U3 vs U6. Notice the flatness the last 6 months and uptick this past month.

Now, I'm not saying the economy isn't better than the 08-09 crash because it is. However, saying the economy is booming is really, really stretching it. I'd more accurately describe the economy as just making it.
              The flatness of unemployment is not surprising. There are only so many jobs in the state and US for that matter. So there is a bottom to unemployment. IE it will never be zero. I think the lowest it has been in the US is the low 4's. I can see us bottoming out soon and may actually have already or doing so now. We will need to wait a few months to see about that though.

Comment

Take dead aim, you didn't answer my question from earlier. See post #3541

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  Take dead aim, you didn't answer my question from earlier. See post #3541
                  I did. Look at post 3550. I was responding to you but it shows BHPhillips. Somewhere along the way the quote function went haywire making this thread hard to follow at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    No I'm not a mind reader. But am man enough to say what's on my mind and not act like a coy little kid about it. [emoji6]
                    So say what you mean by all means.
                    Give me a minute. It is going to take me a bit to type it up!

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                      Give me a minute. It is going to take me a bit to type it up!

Whatever dude. You made little cheap pops. Now you're proof reading. I have reports to do at work.

Comment

Got laid off a couple months ago. Been doing odd jobs to get by in the mean time. Sure could use some prayers. Really hope our industry comes back sooner than later. Hang in there boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
                          Got laid off a couple months ago. Been doing odd jobs to get by in the mean time. Sure could use some prayers. Really hope our industry comes back sooner than later. Hang in there boys.

Sent bud.

Comment

My wife and I have lost $130k in income this year. Thankfully I'm employed after being laid off Q1 this year

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post

Sent. To anyone looking for work that has operator skills in heavy equipment starting at the skid steer/backhoe range on up to excavators/dozers I am hiring. I am also looking for a few welders that might be looking for short term in the immediate to possible long term work on welding structures. Shops and the like. All work is currently in the Austin area.

Comment

My wife and I have lost $130k in income this year. Thankfully I'm employed after being laid off Q1 this year
                                WOW! Me and my wife wish we made what you lost as our combined income

Comment

Working...
                                X