Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about living in West Fort Worth, Aledo, Willow Park, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
    Where you moving to?

We’ve been kicking around moving onto Grandbury Lake. Not 100% sure of that but we’ve been looking into it. When are you and the fam coming over for dinner? We need to get something set up. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah the Fort Worth area is not a good place to live. I would stay away if I were you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
        Sell now, the time is right, the Dallas market is going to see a correction in the near future.
        I'm in the business and with the job creation and in migration I think this market has a ways to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
          Lots of nice places out that way! I’d just move to the ranch though
          I'd love to but that would be a heck of a drive into work!

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
            We’ve been kicking around moving onto Grandbury Lake. Not 100% sure of that but we’ve been looking into it. When are you and the fam coming over for dinner? We need to get something set up. .

We’ve thought that would be a great place as well. Let me know when y’all a free together!

Comment

To the op look at cover bridge canyon. It’s out north of Aledo but sounds like it might fit what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
                To the op look at cover bridge canyon. It’s out north of Aledo but sounds like it might fit what you want.
                Will do. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Up and down 1886 is really pretty, Estancia, Covered Bridge, Bolin Ranch, La Cantera, and Wolf Creek come to mind.

Comment

I live in Hudson Oaks. Its starting to get real crowded. although our property values are sky rocketing! It still only takes me twenty minutes to get down town. Lots of deer. also have fiber internet n Hudson Oaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                      i live just SE of Aledo proper and commuted to downtown Fort Worth for years (Now I drive to the Galleria area). Aledo is great but growing very fast. You will be very handy to your Graham property. I do a bunch of business out there.

Speaking of which...I have 5.68 acres off of Kelly Rd. with a remodeled farm house that might be right up your alley.
                      Where on Kelly Rd? (I'm 1 mile from 377).

Comment

I'm just north of weatherford and it's getting way too crowded, way too fast. We are looking at the possibility of going further west.

Comment

I would bypass west Ft. Worth and ease on west to Parker County. The previously mentioned 'growth' concerns are valid. It's just more 'civilized' out that direction. West Aledo, Annetta, Annetta South, and Hudson Oaks are still better options than Tarrant County. Who knows what kind of mess the Walsh Ranch will turn in to? Lots of folks will be on I-20 with you, going in and out of downtown Ft. Worth, though.

Comment

Peaster is nice with good schools though small. more like 45 commute with normal traffic. A true 30 minute commute from West 7 and University isn't going to get you all that far west when traffic and lights to the highway are taken into the equation.

Comment

We live off the Chisholm Trail Tollway south of 20 about 3 miles. Can be downtown in about 10 minutes. Just south of us off the toll there are some half acre and one acre lots they are building on. I can be at my Dads place northwest

Comment

Good luck man. We originally were looking in that area, but I hate close neighbors and refused to buy a house in a sub division or town. We don't have kids though. The commute is a bummer from out here, but I'll take that over having neighbors 40 ft away . Of course every woodlot out here is getting bull dozed to build houses so I don't know how long we will be here. If I could find a work from home job like my wife has, we would be out of here and much farther out than we are now.

Comment

Working...
                                X