Score East Texas Bruiser!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
    These pics were downloaded from the sd xard onto my laptop. The ones I get sent to my phone are low quality. It is a 2014 black ops 3g. I really like the camera, have only had problems with the AT&T side of it. Covert has a new Verizon based camera on their website but it has not been released yet. I am looking forward to trying it out.

AT&T does not even begin to work at my place so I will be on the lookout for the Verizon camera, thanks.

Comment

Don't know how I missed this thread until now. That is one fine deer, love how unique he is. And great 8pt as well, no way I would have been able to hold off. Glad you got a second chance and got him.
      Looking forward to following this guy

Comment

i wonder how far you are from my place in between rusk and maydelle

Comment

Nice buck

Comment

Comment

well looks like you found your hunting spot for this season

Comment

I'm in, I like watching these threads that go on for more than 1 season. Best of luck to you

Comment

Man that one buck in the last picture looks like he's going to be 20" wide.

Comment

Those last pics will make the ol' heart get to thumpin! Any new updates or pics?

I hope you bag this buck this year. In Houston County near Weches, I hunted the same buck for 3 years.. I only saw him ONE time on his feet and the rest were pics and I killed him with my bow that day. He wasn't the biggest deer I'd ever killed but he was 6.5 years old and it was one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced. Good luck Sir!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                      Those last pics will make the ol' heart get to thumpin! Any new updates or pics?

I hope you bag this buck this year. In Houston County near Weches, I hunted the same buck for 3 years.. I only saw him ONE time on his feet and the rest were pics and I killed him with my bow that day. He wasn't the biggest deer I'd ever killed but he was 6.5 years old and it was one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced. Good luck Sir!
                      I'm still trying to locate him. I have 3 cameras going on the property now but still no sign of him yet. I didnt get any pictures of him last year on corn, only on scrapes. If he's still around, it may be October/November before I can catch him on camera at a scrape. I plan on putting a lot time in the stand for him this year with or without a picture.

Comment

I found a waterhole in a little pocket of woods near the edge of the new clear cut today. This is the only water I know of on the property since the small branch has dried up. I am hoping I can take advantage of this dry spell and catch him on camera getting a drink. I set my cell cam up to where it should cover the whole waterhole. I have moved cameras all over the property and have not caught him yet. Feeling pretty good about this setup though if he is still around!

Comment

Had a nice heavy 8 with bladed browtines open a new scrape in front of me this afternoon. Easily the biggest buck I have passed on. At dark I swapped the camera out with a covert so I can get live updates now.
                          99% sure this is the same buck I watched open up a scrape at 15 yards last year. It looks like he may have added some length but I remember the brows.

Comment

99% sure this is the same buck I watched open up a scrape at 15 yards last year. It looks like he may have added some length but I remember the brows.
                            Looks old.

Comment

Last week I found a small open oak flat at the end of a spur coming off of a high ridge that was tore up with scrapes and several licking branches. The area is a bottle neck in between a wide open clear-cut and the steep spur. It is located just about 100 yards from a briar/ yaupon thicket up on a hill. It reminded me a lot of where I got the picture last year so I stuck a camera up. I got this text early this morning and I think it is him! It is going to be a really hard place to hunt without getting busted due to the way the wind swirls down in this valley. I am going to have to come up with a plan to get him coming out of the thicket on the hill where the wind is more predictable. I'll update if I get better pics.

Comment

Dang sure looks like him. Buy you an ozonics and you'll be good to go!

Best of luck bagging this trophy

Comment

Working...
                                X