Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job.

Comment

I have a setup very similar, but I cut the "eating tube" different. From looking at yours I am afraid you will get water in it and ruin your feed. Mine I cut straight, half through the pipe then cut that half off making the top longer than the bottom. I then took the little piece that was cut off and pushed it into the pipe making a lip on the bottom so feed didnt pour out. works great, I have no good pics I will se if I can find some

Comment

Looks good

Comment

mine are similar to the pics that ouch posted on this thread

Comment

looks good

Comment

Looks good. Instead of cutting the T-cleanout, I glue a 45 degree elbow to the T. It angles it up and holds the feed in, and it does not get wet, and I dont lose that much feed.

Works good for us.

Comment

We are only going to feed corn in these feeders and I drilled holes in the bottom of the T so any water would drain out. I also heated the ends up in boiling water andbent them up after putting small cuts in them. It allowed it to curve up to keep the feed from falling out. Not going to loose any corn unless its pulled out by a critter.

Comment

nice

Comment

Not sure if the opening is to small or if the deer are spooked by the feeder. But not getting a lot of activity at these feeders, but we are at other feeders with disc blade feed troughs. So I'm going to replace them with these new and modified game winnersClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349324366.234870.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	24124386Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349324419.231598.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	24124387

Comment

Let me rephrase.... We aren't getting as many pics of the bigger deer at these feeders. The does and yearlings love them. But pics show bucks looking at them skeptically. Hopefully the larger opening will change their mind

Comment

Nice

Comment

I was thinking the other way would just dump the corn unless the pipe is counter sunk down inside the T?

Also you might want to put some kind of cross brace or plate on the leg brackets so they don't lay over ripping loose. Hogs will help that happen.

I like the welded extension on the barrel!
                          Last edited by tx07; 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

anyone know the size PVC it take to slip over the game winner tube like in post #25?

Comment

Bump for Aggie11

Comment

Working...
                              X