Really Academy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Academy?

Checked out the UA pants when I was grabbing a pair of jeans the other day and was surprised they were $84.99, think I paid $60 for my last pair at Dicks. Peeled back the sticker to see MSRP and it was $80. Academy tacked on an extra 5% on top of the suggested retail, not cool.

Because it's bilingual

Comment

What does it ring up as at one of the scanners? Maybe wrong sticker on wrong item?

Comment

Do not buy.

Solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you actually scan it and see the price...? When i worked there we had a lot of people who did that crap on accident.

They usually only put those tags on there when stuff goes on clearance

Comment

They wanna be the new Gander Mountain?

Comment

What surprises me the most is there's a "price tag" on it!!!
              Who does that anymore?
              And since we are bashing Academy, I went to the one in B/CS the other day for some new turkey calls. They only had 2 different mouth calls and 2 slate calls and that was it!!!

Comment

I know better than to look. I already know im not paying UA prices for something that's just going to soak up sweat when I workout

Comment

Saw that all the time working in retail. They would jack up the price one month and then offer the same thing at a "discount" the next month, which was the actual original price.

Comment

Key word...”suggested!”

Comment

I think they will price match and take an additional 5% off

Comment

Maybe that's in Hombres money

Comment

Some bad hombres!

Comment

2018 price increase

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                              Peeled back the sticker to see MSRP and it was $80. Academy tacked on an extra 5% on top of the suggested retail, not cool.
                              I think it's actually a 6.25% increase, rather than 5%. In any event, I find Academy isn't the same store it was in years past. Shopping there has almost as much fun as shopping at Walleyworld. Our Academy stores are dirty, poorly stocked, poorly staffed, and very poorly managed.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X