No announcement yet.

Pop Up Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put up 2 12-footers this year for the double bulls. Tied off to a nail at the base of each side. They have 6' x 6' exercise mats at Wal-Mart for the floors, used to put treadmills on. Need taller chairs to shoot sitting down. Had deer around them the same night, hope they stay until I can start hunting.

Comment

that will work

Comment

Oh man!!! I want to make one of these SO bad!

Thinking of Metal legs and a wood base!

I LOVE POP UPS... and I LOVE HUNTING FROM AN ELEVATED POSTION!

I might have to make a few of these SOON!

Comment

Nice

Comment

ya i think i may have to build me one of these

Comment

now i know what my weekend project will be

Comment

Aside from the hatch in floor that is just how I built mine. Going on second year with 10ft legs. No insulation needed on floor just some thick carpet. Hardest part about moving mine is removing all the cross braces. Only mistake I made was not making it 5'6" x 5'6". My popup is a hair larger than 5' x 5' so there are some overhang spots. I used screws to secure corners to platform and have 2 x 4s extening out of the cross brcaes to use as the tie off points for the exterior walls to keep wind from blowing em in.

I use levators on everything picked up a set of 4 from acaedemy duting after season clearance sale this year in February for $45 (normally 80). They make life so much easier.

Comment

I'd like to build 1 of these. I've already got a metal frame that is 4x8 and 4' tall. I'm planning on building a 6'x8' platform on top of this so I will have a "porch" to stand on before entering the blind. My question is, is 6' wide enough for a popup? I currently have brickhouse blinds and I think 6' is plenty wide for those but I don't know how much longer those will last. I went on a few websites (primos, etc) and some of those had dimensinons listed of 78" but it said shooting width. I'm guessing that the shooting width is a hub to hub measurement. Is this true? If so, does that mean 6' will be enough? I guess what I need is the floor dimensions but I can't seem to find those. I don't want to end up like a previous poster and have a blind larger than my platform.

Comment

Here is a pic of mine, only one i have on phone. Its 6' tall made of 1-1/4 square tube. Ive been using them for about five years now.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a pic of my elevated popup platform.

Comment

I guess I don't have enough posts to attach an image.

Comment

Good job

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                            Oh man!!! I want to make one of these SO bad!

Thinking of Metal legs and a wood base!

I LOVE POP UPS... and I LOVE HUNTING FROM AN ELEVATED POSTION!

I might have to make a few of these SOON!
                            Coach, do you think an elevated popup would work in our part of the world? We've already had several destroyed by wind on our place in the last year. I'm wanting to do this too. I have a perfect spot for one... or three.

Comment

Just built one like this as well but we did not use the under floor opening. A thought for next time or next year modifications.

Comment

Awesome job on getting off the ground. Do you have enough room to shoot down (10 yard shots) through the windows when they are elevated that high...........8-12 ft?

Comment

Working...
                                X