No announcement yet.

LRGV NWR draw hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else has got their permits? First time hunting the area (Laguna Atascosa), I'd like to attempt to take a nilgai. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Drawn for Nov. 20-24.

Bowtech Tomcat, 70# draw, Montec 100 Grain broadhead.

Thank you,
    Hammy
    Last edited by hammyhamilton; 09-05-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
      looks like last year people started getting the permit around the 16th
      Do they come in the mail only, any email?

Comment

Hey, D & B!! So far, it's been mail only. If drawn, you should get letter by 3rd week of September-the latest. You'll have til about 12th of October to send in payment. Once they receive payment, they'll send back stamped permit. It's all by mail, unless if you visit office to pay. Then they just take payment, stamp the permit and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by hammyhamilton View Post
          Who else has got their permits? First time hunting the area (Laguna Atascosa), I'd like to attempt to take a nilgai. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Drawn for Nov. 20-24.

Thank you,
          Hammy

Believe you have the wrong hunt...This is for the Lower Rio Grande Valley Hunt not the Laguna Atascosa hunt..

Comment

Originally posted by hammyhamilton View Post

Thank you,
            Hammy
            Look for dung piles and hunt those. If you're lucky to launch an arrow don't and I mean don't push one after they get hit, they'll run into the next county and you'll never find it.

Comment

Good luck to anyone that gets drawn.

Comment

I called office and they said they are working on drawing. If drawn, you should receive letter by 25th of September.

Comment

Man I got to wait that long lol I'm going to drive my wife nuts

Comment

I'm going to pull my hair out before I find out. I put in with a buddy and he won't stop asking me about this drawing, this is our 2nd try at a late date.

Chris H.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                      Man I got to wait that long lol I'm going to drive my wife nuts
                      Your wife. What about me

Comment

Lol that's part of hunting with me ahaha

Comment

I just got my permit in the mail, today. I was selected for archery hunt on November 26-29.

WOOHOO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elchamp View Post
                            I just got my permit in the mail, today. I was selected for archery hunt on November 26-29.

WOOHOO!!!!!
                            Awesome!!!

Good luck!!!

Comment

Thanks, RAGUIRREJR! I have a full week of hunting! 1st archery hunt at LA on 20-24. Rest Wednesday 25th. Then, LRGV NWR on 26-29. AWSOME!!

Comment

Originally posted by elchamp View Post
                                Thanks, RAGUIRREJR! I have a full week of hunting! 1st archery hunt at LA on 20-24. Rest Wednesday 25th. Then, LRGV NWR on 26-29. AWSOME!!
                                That is awesome!

Getting rain in Raymondville right now, should be very green at both refuges

I'm gonna miss the LA hunt this year

Comment

Working...
                                X