Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease ride

Comment

New lease ride! You don’t need 4th/OD on the Ranch!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        Lease ride
        Haha same exact time.

Comment

Don't have a lease...Anyone wanna buy it? If not, it's off to CarMax

Comment

scrap that mofo

Comment

In that condition, I'm guessing $300-500 at a salvage yard. I would pull the stearo system, and swap tire with used cheapos.

Comment

Originally posted by cz52man View Post
                Don't have a lease...Anyone wanna buy it? If not, it's off to CarMax
                Nothing wrong with giving CarMax a shot.

I sold my 2007 Silverado to them. Pulled in on a Saturday morning and was given a quote within half an hour. The quote was good for 7 days. I was blown away to say the least on the figure they provided; which was about $500 less than what I had originally planned to put out on the private party market. Didn't even need to wash or clean it up and the inspection/registration was due the following month. Needless to say, I took the deal.

Granted, there wasn't any major issues with the truck.

Comment

Just spend the $2k. You were happy with the car prior to this and it's in good shape otherwise. You won't find a replacement that cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    Just spend the $2k. You were happy with the car prior to this and it's in good shape otherwise. You won't find a replacement that cheap.
                    This. They will run for ever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll give you $1,500, a TBH Sticker and a firm handshake for it right now.

Comment

I'm done with it at this point. I am more looking at options of donation or cheap sale to someone that wants to work on it. He needs a car pretty soon as he has summer school and on top of that. rough trade in is around $3K so, for me, replacing the transmission doesn't make sense.
                        You just answered your original question. I know it sounds strange, but trannies are common place...at least in my experience from a same year Avalanche is when the various computers start to pose problems. When that happens with years and miles, it's a TOTAL $$ drain. Get rid of it IMO.

Comment

What to do with my Xterra??

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                          This. They will run for ever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

X2.

Don’t get caught in the whole “cost more to fix than what it’s worth” thing. Those things will run forever aside from that know tranny issue. Vehicles are not investments. They cost a given amount of money per year to operate and their values all go to zero eventually. Spend the $2k, drive it for 5 more years. $400/yr.....a freaking bargain. What are you gonna do when the used vehicle you replace it with also drops the tranny....or head gasket?

I’ll give $1500 for it if Sackett doesn’t want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by 175gr7.62; 05-16-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            I'll give you $1,500, a TBH Sticker and a firm handshake for it right now.
                            And I'll pick it up from the Transmission shop

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              And I'll pick it up from the Transmission shop
                              That’s seems like a fair deal.

Comment

No quote at this time. He only ran diagnostics. It is a typical problem that the coolant line breaks and water/glycol from the radiator gets in it. He did find the trans fluid to be milky which suggests that is the culprit. Most likely the cheapest fix is a new/rebuilt transmission. It will drive ok in 1-3 gears but will not go into 4th or O/D. Given that and any other small issues it has, it just isn't worth it for me to fix it. I would hazard about 2K to fix it but that is just a guess.
                                You gonna spend atleast 3 times that much to get something along the same lines of condition. I would replace the tranny and let him go

Comment

Working...
                                X