Vehicle searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTala View Post
    flyby, funny thing about alerts. My Mal, Taz, alerted to cocaine by simply turning her head away and walking on, then back to sniffing. She hated the smell of cocaine. Any other narcotic she would bark and scratch. Her sire was exactly the same way, same alert. You had to keep one eye on her when searching!
    Ha, never seen that.

Comment

jshouse, I worked alone, with no close backup, all my career with game and fish. One thing I learned early is that you cannot catch all of them, all of the time. take what you can get.

I vehicle chased a fella one time over some very rough roads. He finally killed his truck on a jumpby knocking the battery loose. I bailed as he did, then he rushed me only to look down the barrel of my 40S&W. I ordered him down, he spun and ran. I saw no weapon so I sent my Mal. As he hit 100 acres of head high cat thorns I called the dog off as I didn't want to go in there. I saw thorn tops waving for 200 yards. Took a couple three weeks but we finally got him corralled and in jail, he looked like someone beat him with barbed wire.

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
        I stop someone, dog alerts, driver says never been dope in the car. Dog says odor in the car. Who do I believe? Dog.
        It's easy to train a dog to "alert" on command, which renders the probable cause requirement a farse... as if it weren't already.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
          Nope, No, Nope....I was an officer for 30 years, of people said no, okay then.

I worked as a UC narc for years, and one assignment was to get stopped at a particular spot by a particular officer and have my vehicle searched. Needless to say, the officer isnt working anymore afyer the "search." Not going to into anymore though.....

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
          Don't leave us hanging!!!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

I let them search so I can make a break for it.

Once in Midland I had a old crusty crooked Detective search my car and the look on his face when I ran was priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
              You missed my point a little bit, I meant if something accidently got broke and the people were found to not be carrying anything illegal, then what would their recourse be? I would think something like that would happen occasionally, and figured there was a standard process
              The standard process is you're probably SOL. It happens all the time.

Comment

I was searching a vehicle one morning occupied by two local drug dealers. I already had them under arrest for several game violations, and possession of a stolen firearm. I made em sit by an old building 20 feet away and told Taz to "stellen"...watch them. As I am searching I glance at Taz and she had rolled over on her back, all four feet up, head laid back watching them. I yelled at her and she spun over.

I asked the two if they knew what she was doing?? I said she is pretending to be asleep so ya'll will run and she can BITE you. Guy said my dog was evil....LOL

Her sire used to bump and growl at arrested perps to make em move or, better yet, run. You had to keep him away from the bad guys or he would start something.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  Um... Do you know where he obtained this wolf urine? I'll be picking up a wolf tag in a week and a half and that could be useful.

From this dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Yep pretty much because they will have no good reason to want to search my vehicle
                    if they have no reason it's not likely they will try,,, so you would just be a jerk because you could? not a very wise choice ,but hey its your right !, there are a lot of things they could come up with to make an arrest for the pleasure of towing your vehicle and giving you a ride,,, things that you may not even know are law,,,,, poor decision, just poor ..... why antagonize the police? maybe you think standing or sitting along the road in 100* heat in cuffs waiting for a dog to show up is fun,,, to each his own ....

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                      Never happened with me, but I do know someone whose dog bit an armrest. Department paid to replace it.
                      My first dog destroyed a lot of stuff finding dope in cars. Only once, when nothing was found, did the department pay. Everything else he broke or scratched up had dope in it and there were no payments made

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                        I have found that such requests by law enforcement officers often gives me the chance to educate them on NFA law and compare cool work instruments...
                        Not in my case...a very young trooper told me my SBR & Suppressors were illegal, called for back up & kept me there searching every inch of my suburban for over an hour while I buddied it up with the senior troops now on scene.

After the search, now with 3 black & whites / 5 troops were verbally engaged in bitter disagreement with a coming citation because the beer can (open container) had clearly been there for an extreme period of time & in an area I could not have tossed. The young LE gave me my ticket & actually sped off / burning rubber with butt hurt I assume due to not being supported by superiors. I visited with the remaining troops for another 15 & they assisted putting my crap back in apologizing for the whole incident.

I will never - ever consent nor leave any of my firearms in open view.

The citation was dismissed by the judge via phone.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                          bukkskins thread got this one rolling. I am not giving my input just yet. Curious to see what yall have to say in reference to a search of your vehicle.

Some of you seem to know a bit more then others. One hint. Operating a motor vehicle in Texas or this Country is a privilege not a right. Hope that helps.
                          When do we get to enjoy the benefit of your input?

Comment

Yes sir, you may search everywhere except the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                              if they have no reason it's not likely they will try,,, so you would just be a jerk because you could? not a very wise choice ,but hey its your right !, there are a lot of things they could come up with to make an arrest for the pleasure of towing your vehicle and giving you a ride,,, things that you may not even know are law,,,,, poor decision, just poor ..... why antagonize the police? maybe you think standing or sitting along the road in 100* heat in cuffs waiting for a dog to show up is fun,,, to each his own ....
                              Being arrested isn’t as bad as some people think haha

Comment

Here’s one that I don’t recommend trying. You and your buds get a hold of an old VW bus.....Preferably with Colorado plates. Slap a few Dead stickers on it and maybe even a “Willy for Prez” bumper sticker. Toss your stash in it for about a week and let it marinate. If you score the VW bus from Colorado you might already be pre-marinated and have that proper smell from the start. When the time is right and you have a few hours to kill standing on the road-side, remove the stash (I strongly suggest triple checking that this step takes place). Cruise through Flyby’s jurisdiction creeping at that “I’m trying to get away with something” speed (5 miles over speed limit typically). Once pulled over (don’t worry, you will be) his pooch will hit on the scent sending Flyby into full on search mode. If you probably planned for this prank he won’t find anything ( if you hadn’t you’re going to jail). Wait in till you can see frustration brewing or at the point he begins ripping out the seats. At that time, spring the big surprise on him that it’s all just a good clean Texas Bow Hunter prank. Refer to this thread. If he refuses to chuckle immediately change the subject and ask him how his deer season is going. Report back to us here.

I hope we all find humour in this.
                                Last edited by Anvilheadtexas; 05-16-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X