No announcement yet.

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be interested to see how attendance and viewership holds if the losses really start to pile up early. I wonder how many fans are in the same boat as my wife - she is not used to this. She didn't get on board as a Rangers fan until the run to the 2010 World Series. Since then she has been a semi-fanatical follower of the Rangers. We watch or listen to at least part of all 162 every year and have been to Spring training a couple of times. I am trying to prepare her for a multi-year stretch of bad baseball and no post season appearances. (I've been a fan since I moved here in 1984 so I know what that's like)

Comment

Glad the first series is over. It was tough, the Astros line up is loaded with RH bats. I thought the starting rotation did better that expected. The defense was sloppy at times and it cost em. Especially Matt Moore. Fister looked solid and so did Minor. Defense has to be better to give these guys a chance. But bottom line is Elvis and Beltre cant carry this club. Other guys are going to have to step up. 7-8-9 holes went 2-38 I believe. That's unreal bad.

I hate West Coast games but lets go Big Sexy

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I'll be interested to see how attendance and viewership holds if the losses really start to pile up early. I wonder how many fans are in the same boat as my wife - she is not used to this. She didn't get on board as a Rangers fan until the run to the 2010 World Series. Since then she has been a semi-fanatical follower of the Rangers. We watch or listen to at least part of all 162 every year and have been to Spring training a couple of times. I am trying to prepare her for a multi-year stretch of bad baseball and no post season appearances. (I've been a fan since I moved here in 1984 so I know what that's like)
        I hope i'm wrong, but i think these questions will begin to be answered by June. I just don't see how the pitching can win games. I don't see enough hitting to just out score teams. I do see enough boneheadedness and goofiness to lose games. I think the Rangers lose contact w/ division leaders early. We shall see...

Comment

Come on Big Sexy

Comment

Big Bartolo gets through 1 w/ no damage. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
              Big Bartolo gets through 1 w/ no damage. Nice.
              Looking like the ace of the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                For long-time Rangers fans, the few years there where they had some runs into the playoffs were the weird years.

I'm hoping for a return to that weirdness soon, rather than a long spell of "normal" again. I fully expect 2018 to be a very normal year. Hopefully I'm wrong. But, if not, let's hope some changes are made that will make 2019 a weird year.

Comment

This offense may end up sucking more than the pitching this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're watching this Ranger game you just saw 2 of the best defensive plays you'll see all year.

Those are the kinds of plays that I LOVE about this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      If you're watching this Ranger game you just saw 2 of the best defensive plays you'll see all year.

Those are the kinds of plays that I LOVE about this game.
                      I assume you are referring to the throw by Robinson to punch out Lucroy at home? That was a heck of a play for sure.
                      I couldn’t hang for the whole game and turned in early. Our bats suck but Big Sexy sure did his job with 6 full innings and only 1 earned run.

Comment

Big Sexy was better than I expected. Defense was solid. Gotta find a way to score runs...

Comment

Worst Rangers offense I have seen. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                            This offense may end up sucking more than the pitching this year.

Comment

Can’t win with no run support. Seems like last season when the starting pitchers were on, the bats sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Looking like the ace of the staff.
                                True. Which tells us all we need to know. Big Sexy did his job last night. Too bad he didn't have any help.

I really want to know who is responsible for coaching the outfield defense. There was a near catastrophe last night when Ryan Rua didn't take charge of a foul ball. Nearly had a three man wipe out involving Rua, Beltre', and Andrus. I've said it for awhile now, it's a question of time before there is a serious injury in the outfield because none of the outfielders ever control the outfield. What a mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X