2 weeks notice or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
    I have done it both ways. Depends on company policy also. If allowed and employee was a good employee and was just trying to better him or her self, or had real family issues, then I would let them work. On the other hand if employee was a jack wad, I let them go. No matter who it was, if they had a key to the plant, the locks were changed! If management, they were lot go that day. They were also required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
    Hope this helps.
    How do you require a signed confidentiality agreement?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      I always went around the place singing Johnny Paycheck songs.

I set the ring tone for my bosses phone number as “Take this job and shove it”. Then when I went to give them my notice, I had my boss call my phone. He thought it was funny until he realized I wasn’t joking. That was one job that I hated due to falsifying records.

Comment

Last place I gave two weeks notice at allowed me complete my two weeks. I'll be doing it again here shortly we'll see how it goes this time around.

Comment

I just left a job that I worked at for ten years. I gave them a six week notice I was leaving. They were grateful for the notice and bitter that I was leaving. Busted my back till my last day there and they still ask me if im ready to come back. I am only on my second "career" job and by no means an expert at this but it is a matter of respect imo.

Comment

"Two-week notice? I'll give them a two day notice, as in my butt will be gone to-day." Lol if you work in the chemical plant business check out the YouTube "refined" videos.

Comment

Always as a curtousy. Not doing it can bite an employee.

When an employee gives me notice, I tell them They can go ahead and start packing as a manager. Nothing good happens during that period if you retain employees typically (there are always exceptions to the rule).

Comment

I will always put in a notice. I think it's a respect thing for me. Both times I've left a job I gave a longer than normal notice and stayed through the whole time. For me both times were good advances in my career and my bosses understood.

Comment

I have worked for just 3 company's from 1994 seen a lot of people come and go. if the guy was good and put in the notice he stayed until the date he wanted to go. but if he did not know what was going on, had a 'I don't care, that's not my job, who me?" he was sent home that day. as a foreman, it was good that I had a heads up. sometimes it was known that quitting was on the table before it was said. I quit the last job I had after just 3 days.

Comment

We are letting a few people go this week. We carried them through the holidays, and are paying them for the entire month of January. So yes, I would hope that anyone who is leaving us would give us a 2 week notice...but a lot of companies these days that I've paid attention to, don't treat employees the same way as they use to. We have taken a hit since hurricane Harvey hit, and are having to cut the fat to get back into the black. I just hope those who we have sucked it up and helped get through the holidays will appreciate what we've done. It sure made the last 2 months rough on us as a company, but we didn't want to cause folks to have a bad Christmas

Comment

I have always given two weeks notice. To me it’s common courtesy, but I have absolutely no expectation of being given a notice from an employer.

Comment

The few times I have resigned from jobs I always have given a two week notice, and have been fortunate enough my past bosses understood and asked me to finish those two weeks. I always have. As a manager I expect a two week notice and expect said employee to finish those two weeks or have pay adjusted accordingly. Where I currently work we have a significant separation process if you wish to receive any due benefits.

Comment

All depends on the company or person I work for. If I respect them and they seem to respect me then yes, I would give notice as I have in the past.
                          If the opposit is true then I will leave when I need to.

Comment

Trade secrets and processes.

Comment

In my youth I worked road jobs. Operators came and went, and nobody expected, nor did they get, any notice whatsoever. But......you could get another job on the way home if you were a hand. Times change, good jobs are harder to come by, and some kind of notice should be given unless there are extenuated circumstances. That said, I've never worked my two week notice because in the oilfield, most companies just want you gone if you're going. They're not afraid you'll steal their "trade secrets", just their customers

Comment

You got that x10 !

Comment

Working...
                                X