Backpack or.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skooter View Post
    I use a Badlands Monster pack. I bought it for elk hunting and it stuck. Big enough to carry all you need, and small enough that you don't overload it with non-essentials. Make sure you get one that fits well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep same hear & I hate backpacks during the heat of Texas. My Monster is an older model with smaller side pockets but plenty of room, it's 17 years old & faded which added character
    Attached Files

Comment

Fanny packs are great, especially if you need to carry something else on your back (or don't want your back to sweat) or if you want quick access to tools/binos/compass/calls when scouting or stalking.

I wear fanny pack (with pouch sitting on my front side) when walking in with my climber stand on my back. Works perfectly.

Comment

I really like those options especially the one they mentioned that you could probably carry a recurve on your back. I have that issue because I mostly ride a four-wheeler up a mountain that requires both hands on the bars.

Comment

Badlands Monster Fanny all the way! All the room you'll ever need, actually you can end up carrying too much crap! And ya don't get the back sweats as bad. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Like so many folks, I used a fanny pack for years. Cabela's put out a nice one year's ago and it was made of fleece and very quiet. Trouble is that it would ride down over my unsubstantial rear end kind of like I was "sagging". I then went to a fanny with the shoulder straps. I now use kind of a hybrid pack made by Crooked Horn. It is a smaller style pack but it only has one strap and you sling it over your shoulder. Very easy to get on and off or to drop it on a stalk. It also has a detached arrow quiver that connects to the pack. The pack part is not large but is large enough for probably about 90% of the hunts I make.

Comment

great sale going on right now here

Camofire brings you a new lineup of deals on hunting gear, camo and clothes everyday! Our hunting deals are typically 40-70% off retail.

Comment

Backpack...but I get the sweats. I was roasting today on a scout. I carry an assualt pack and low crawled through a barbed wire fence just fine...PHL to POW...not private. Im gonna shop for a pack with that breathable mesh for some ventilation.

DWA...I use the cordura backpack because it has a chest strap, a hip belt, two zippered pockets...one main and one front/back largish. The inside of the main pack has a pouch for a camel back. Mollie webbing on the back and sides for strapping extra stuff but dont strap extra stuff for snagging purposes...except one carbiner and maybe a pen.

My hunting buddy wears a shoulder strapped Cabelas fanny pack and kills more critters than I do.
                Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-19-2017, 11:16 PM. Reason: WhyBackpackSpake

Comment

This is what I was picturing with you described it

Comment

If I'm carrying a lot of gear to the stand I have a back pack.

If I am stalking at the lease I use a bag with a shoulder strap. I have a couple of mountain man type possibles bags made of leather with fringe. I have one made of buffalo hide I bought in Africa.

What I like about the shoulder bag is I can stop and look in it without taking it off. I can also slip it off of my shoulder with a minimum amount of movement if I need to for a stalk.

Comment

I carry a small bag with a suoulder strap from the buggy to my stand but if I am on a hunt away from my normal hunting ground I carry a Tenzing 1250 lumbar pack.

Comment

Working...
                      X