Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Built a backstop so I can shoot whenever I want.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built a backstop so I can shoot whenever I want.

Canvas that they were throwing out at work. Reclaimed lumber from a gazebo. Nails that I straightened after pulling them from the aforementioned gazebo. The target is a sand bag stuffed full of it's brothers that were also being thrown out at work. The backstop area is roughly 6' wide by 4' tall. The portion at the back is angled at a 45 degree angle much like a shooting gallery for .22s. So far it works well although the target points do penetrate the canvas. They sure as heck stop though.

Total cost $0.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Backstop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	25093848

edit: Don't know why it looks so crooked. It's level.
    Last edited by Junkers88; 08-21-2016, 05:29 PM. Reason: clarification

love to recycle stuff and cut down on waste...good job!

Comment

Looks great and very effective! Hanging carpet works well also.

Comment

Good job!

Bisch

Comment

Nice backstop. I paid $40 for a round bale of hay. It worked great for my first 5 months. The sixth months 3 arrows disappeared into the hay bale. I spent a lot of time breaking down the bale to recover my arrows. A 5' round bail is a lot of hay when you spread it out! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks effective.

Comment

Nicely done

I can see now that the obsession is strong.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                Nicely done

I can see now that the obsession is strong.
                I blame you.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                  I blame you.
                  Just you wait.

When you start a 2 month baiting program to get squirrels to venture into your back yard, and eat corn in front of your back stop so that when the month of May rolls around, you will at least have the opportunity to take a squirrel with a trad bow... a critter on your trad hit list... then we'll talk.

Oh, if only you could shoot dove over corn.... September would be that much more exciting

Comment

Corn in front of my backstop? You are a genius! Now I'm wishing I hadn't killed almost 30 of them out here this year for eating the chicken feed. I'm going outside for a second.

Comment

you can shoot ringnecks over corn!!

Comment

I just went out and put corn on the top of the backstop. Once the little rats are there I'll start putting some on the ground, just need to keep the chickens from finding it for a while.

Comment

Most everything is fair game some things have a season.
                          BTW good looking backstop, just an FYI before too long you are going to have some spiders making webs all over it and you will be able to really test your skills!!!!LOL
                          Last edited by Greyman; 08-22-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Corn for backyard squirrels ... blast it, why didn't I think of that
                            Mentioned it to boys, they're now figuring out where a blind should go

Comment

Here is a picture of my back stop... Notice the target

Comment

Working...
                              X