Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still all LEO. It's been so painless thus far. If I ever find that I cant do LEO, I'll do a trust. If it aint broke dont fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
      Still all LEO. It's been so painless thus far. If I ever find that I cant do LEO, I'll do a trust. If it aint broke dont fix it!
      I'm going trust from the get go. Much less hassle and much more flexible.

Comment

It hasnt been that bad for me honestly. I get all my cards and photo's printed and signed off and I'm out the door.

Comment

i have a can on leo...can one transfer it to the trust w/out going through nfa or does that even matter legally in the inheritance aspect??

The trust route is indeed less hassle if you are new to the class iii game.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            How the heck am I supposed to get any work done with a box from LaRue sitting on my desk?

Man this stuff is COOL...........and the things I ordered are nice too

Got my QD mounts mounted for both my EoTech and my 2.5-10x50 Vortex glass. I am now set for sniping and close quarters combat all in one set up! That is until I can build me a true sniping AR rifle.

This crap is addicting!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              i have a can on leo...can one transfer it to the trust w/out going through nfa or does that even matter legally in the inheritance aspect??

From Individual (through CLEO) to Trust would create a $200 transfer again. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                It hasnt been that bad for me honestly. I get all my cards and photo's printed and signed off and I'm out the door.
                Originally posted by Artos View Post

I'm looking at it from both the black helicopter aspect and the ease of transfer to beneficiaries and such. No LEO sign off, no registration with the state or city, no fingerprints, no photographs, etc.....

LEO here in Tarrant county will sign off all day long but trust still seems to be the better route.

That being said, I'm getting impatient to buy my first can to put on my 10/22. I may buy just that one via LEO sign off.

I have also read that turn around times from the .gov seem to be a little quicker on trusts vs CLEO sign off.

Comment

I understand the LEO signing off but can someone explain this trust thing.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                    I understand the LEO signing off but can someone explain this trust thing.
                    I can set you up with everthing !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I'm looking at it from both the black helicopter aspect and the ease of transfer to beneficiaries and such. No LEO sign off, no registration with the state or city, no fingerprints, no photographs, etc.....

LEO here in Tarrant county will sign off all day long but trust still seems to be the better route.

That being said, I'm getting impatient to buy my first can to put on my 10/22. I may buy just that one via LEO sign off.

I have also read that turn around times from the .gov seem to be a little quicker on trusts vs CLEO sign off.
                      I understand what you're saying. In all actuality I'm almost out of cans to buy. I'll have a 300 win can by end of this year. Then only one's i'd be missing would be a 50 can and a 45 can. Dont know that I'll ever buy the 50 can though.

The LEO signoff from what I can tell and from what my dealer told me, the leo's are running about 3-5 weeks faster.

Comment

One day I would like to build one with a can.
                        Do yall buy an upper or specifically a barrel with the intension of putting a can on it? Are most cans quick connect, where as you remove the flash hidder and slip the can on or do you have to get the barrel threaded?

Comment

Originally posted by cbrown View Post
                          One day I would like to build one with a can.
                          Do yall buy an upper or specifically a barrel with the intension of putting a can on it? Are most cans quick connect, where as you remove the flash hidder and slip the can on or do you have to get the barrel threaded?

Most ar bbls are already threaded 1/2 x 28 and you do want a quick connect for the ar platform. You will replace the a2 with another type of flash hider / break for the particular suppressor you choose. You can shoot the gun with and without the can this way.

I cut my 16" tube down to 12.5 and rethreaded for my particular sbr build.

Comment

Originally posted by sneedb82 View Post
                            From Individual (through CLEO) to Trust would create a $200 transfer again. Sorry
                            simply not worth it for this particualr 22 can...thanks.

Comment

There are people who use Quicken to do a "Firearms Trust" and BATFE is comoing down hard on those people. The best way to do it is through an atty who has exp in writing these particular types of trusts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                                There are people who use Quicken to do a "Firearms Trust" and BATFE is comoing down hard on those people. The best way to do it is through an atty who has exp in writing these particular types of trusts.
                                Yep, I'm going to have Sean Cody do mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X