Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike,

Just funning you! Glocks are good weapons, I just don't care for them! They don't fit my bear paw of a hand very well. That's why I don't like shooting them all that much. Now if you suppress them... That is definitely the bees knees!

How does the mossy cycle in semi? I've wanted a semi tac shotgun but have never really cared for the cycle on them. I'm much more of a pump or over under shotgun guy.

Comment

Is there much accuracy difference between 1:7 and 1:9? Two identical loads shot through two same length barrels, would there be a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
        Is there much accuracy difference between 1:7 and 1:9? Two identical loads shot through two same length barrels, would there be a difference?
        1:7 can stabilize heavier bullets. I would go with a 1:7 or 1:8 twist rifle over a 1:9 twist rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
          All in good fun!!

M14/M1A:

Clunky, heavy, and overpowered. Essentially a Garand tarted up with a removable magazine, in a half-baked attempt to adapt a 19th century rifle design philosophy to the mid-20th century. Most often named as favorite infantry rifle by people who never had to hump a 10-pound wood-stocked rifle with lots of sharp protrusions and no collapsible anything on a three day exercise, or try to make it through a firefight with the standard battle load of five 20-round magazines.

"overpowered"? what is this word you speak of?

Comment

oh cool thread btw

Comment

Originally posted by TechHunter View Post
              "overpowered"? what is this word you speak of?
              Exactly, they are actually pulling M1As out of retirement, "accurizing" them, and giving them to Squad Designated Marksman now. They are one hell of a rifle, especially the new ones.

Comment

Mike,

Just funning you! Glocks are good weapons, I just don't care for them! They don't fit my bear paw of a hand very well. That's why I don't like shooting them all that much. Now if you suppress them... That is definitely the bees knees!

How does the mossy cycle in semi? I've wanted a semi tac shotgun but have never really cared for the cycle on them. I'm much more of a pump or over under shotgun guy.
                I wish I could tell ya Travis, but sadly it is still a range virgin. I don't really have a place to go regularly to shoot outdoors and none of the local indoor ranges allow shottys.

I believe it is an inertia system much like the Benelli's though.

Comment

The M1A:
                  The M1A is the ultimate SHTF rifle. We know this because M1A owners remind us of this constantly. Like the FAL, the M1A is capable of stopping a tree in its tracks. When the hordes of killer trees take the rest of us, FAL and M1A owners will likely be the only ones left to hash out who has the better rifle. Of course, we know the answer (because M1A owners remind us of it constantly). The M1A not only has superior penetration, it is extremely accurate at distance. Therefore, when the hordes of killer trees have all been mowed down, FAL owners will fall quickly to the hordes of paper silhouette targets come to avenge their woodland brethren. The M1A owners will stop the avenging targets with neat, 1 MOA groups center mass at 600 yards. At that point, the standard M1A owners will have to hash out which is the better gun with the SOCOM 16 owners to determine who will inherit the earth. A glaring design error in the M1A is that it’s not black, which is why they invented the SOCOM.

Comment

Let's expand upon this, which weapon system is better? The new highly accurized 308 AR style weapons like the OBR, LMT's, LWRC REPR, DPMS SASS, Armalite SASS or the M1A socom?

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    The M1A:

The M1A is the ultimate SHTF rifle. We know this because M1A owners remind us of this constantly. Like the FAL, the M1A is capable of stopping a tree in its tracks. When the hordes of killer trees take the rest of us, FAL and M1A owners will likely be the only ones left to hash out who has the better rifle. Of course, we know the answer (because M1A owners remind us of it constantly). The M1A not only has superior penetration, it is extremely accurate at distance. Therefore, when the hordes of killer trees have all been mowed down, FAL owners will fall quickly to the hordes of paper silhouette targets come to avenge their woodland brethren. The M1A owners will stop the avenging targets with neat, 1 MOA groups center mass at 600 yards. At that point, the standard M1A owners will have to hash out which is the better gun with the SOCOM 16 owners to determine who will inherit the earth. A glaring design error in the M1A is that it’s not black, which is why they invented the SOCOM.

Comment

Let's expand upon this, which weapon system is better? The new highly accurized 308 AR style weapons like the OBR, LMT's, LWRC REPR, DPMS SASS, Armalite SASS or the M1A socom?
                      Same bullet and same function. A accurized M1A will shoot just as well as the OBR, etc and with the right housing can support the same accessories. In this case, I say its user preference.

This coming from someone who has a M1A in the safe and a OBR coming in any day now.

Comment

Building a 10.5" full billet SBR 300 whisper on the spikes billet upper and lower with a custom barrel.

Building a 5" 3 lug 9mm SBR on Seekins Billet lower.

Building another 5" 3 lug 9mm SBR on the Spike billet upper and lower.

Have RDIAS' for all of them, waiting!

I think a 300 whisper full auto is going to be the bomb.

Comment

where did you buy your RDIAS from?

Comment

I would prefer the middle of the road 6.8 in a 11.5" - 12.5" on the M4/AR frame for a dedicated battle gun...my sbr is pretty heavy as is but I wouldn't want to shoot a bunch of 150+ pills in it.

You can shoot 85-95gr projectiles at .223+ velocities depending on weight while keeping the size / better mag count. ...not that I wouldn't want one of each that are listed

I too plan to build a dedicated suppressed upper. I'll probably end up with a whisper but am researching a 7.62x39 reamer that fixes the bullet size issue.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I would have to say the KAC M110 is the better!! :-D LOL... Just kidding... Honestly, a trained and true man with an accurate rifle is the best weapon system.

I'd have to say though, the REPR is a fun toy to play with.... but the M1A has been the standard the Semiautos have been built to replicate. Hard to beat ol' Gunny and his M1A

Comment

You would have to define the definition of better.

My DPMS 308 shoots pretty darn good and it's considered low end.

308 DPMS Load #3.pdf

If you throw out the single flyer, the avg 4 shot group is .213" @ 100 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X