Berett APX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berett APX

The new Beretta APX will be available April 15 in the USA. It's gone through 3 years of development and looks to be the next best striker fired pistol. I have been carrying a Glock for most of my 20+ years on the force but after talking with our range staff I am going to give the Beretta a shot. Some guys I work with eat, sleep and breath Glock and they all decided to switch after doing a demo day with the new APX. Normally I'm that guy that says all striker fired guns are the same but I fell differently about this one. The Glock is like holding a bar of soap with a 7lb trigger. I'm ready for a change.

I have one on order and we are working on getting duty/off-duty holsters ordered now. We also have a few guys that will go through armorer school to do our annual maintenance on them. So, has anyone shot one yet or seen one up close? Thoughts?

I'm not a fan of how the slide looks, but I do like the functionability of it. There are a lot of positive reviews. I would have to test fire one before purchasing, but if the price point will be around $500 as some say then it'll be a big time seller.

Comment

Meh. Looks like a ruger to me.

Comment

I'll buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw this thread yesterday and a few hours later got this ad in my email...

Question: Is this pistol only going to be available to LEO's? This Arms Unlimited place is only selling these early APX's to LEO's is why I ask.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
            I saw this thread yesterday and a few hours later got this ad in my email...

Question: Is this pistol only going to be available to LEO's? This Arms Unlimited place is only selling these early APX's to LEO's is why I ask.

https://www.slickguns.com/product/be...newsletter-411

Not that I'm aware of but the actual release date is April 15. Non LEO's may have to wait until then to take delivery.

Comment

And I thought Glock's were ugly, wow!

Comment

So how is this better than say a sig p320, hk vp9, Walther ppq, or any other more modern striker fired pistol? Seems the same to me, am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                  And I thought Glock's were ugly, wow!

That was my first thought lol! I love a Glock. But unless it's a Zev Glock pretty they ain't. That Barretta is atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                    So how is this better than say a sig p320, hk vp9, Walther ppq, or any other more modern striker fired pistol? Seems the same to me, am I missing something?
                    Again, I'm getting my info from our Glock armorers/range masters but...the grip angle, actual grip feel and short sear reset and less muzzle flip was the selling points. These guys get hammered by salesmen to demo guns with the hopes that our department will make a big order. They've shot everything out there and fell in love with the APX. YES I KNOW ITS UGLY, SO ARE ALL THE OTHERS. But $500-550 ain't much money if I decide to make it a safe queen later.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                      Again, I'm getting my info from our Glock armorers/range masters but...the grip angle, actual grip feel and short sear reset and less muzzle flip was the selling points. These guys get hammered by salesmen to demo guns with the hopes that our department will make a big order. They've shot everything out there and fell in love with the APX. YES I KNOW ITS UGLY, SO ARE ALL THE OTHERS. But $500-550 ain't much money if I decide to make it a safe queen later.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] "safe queen"! I've never heard that. [emoji2]

Comment

Beretta is late to the game and are replacing that atrocity called the PX4 Storm would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          Beretta is late to the game and are replacing that atrocity called the PX4 Storm would be my guess.

Or, they perfected the striker pistol and will achieve world domination in a short time! But I bet this will just make up for the mod 92 being outdated. The 92 carried that company for a long time.

Comment

Berett APX

Or, they perfected the striker pistol and will achieve world domination in a short time! But I bet this will just make up for the mod 92 being outdated. The 92 carried that company for a long time.

I'm a Beretta fan and with the reviews I've read I'll pick one up. Right now my H&K VP9 is my favorite.

Comment

UPDATE: I picked it up this morning and it feels great. Gonna do some shooting this afternoon and will give a review.

Comment

Working...
                              X