Hunting Arrowheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Arrowheads

Fixing to head out to hunt some arrowheads. With all this rain i figure this will be a good trip. Will post pics when we get back this afternoon, hopefuly!!!This will be a friend of mines first trip. He does not have a clue how addicting it is I was also wondering if anyone found any arrowheads while deer hunting the previous season on any of the ranches? I would like to see pics if you did. Well, gotta go.

Good hunting, Copperhead

wish I had a place close by to go hunting for them........ good luck.

Comment

good luck and please post up the pics if you find any. i found a few around Laredo this year so far. here is a pic of one of them.
      Attached Files

Comment

My little brother is an arrow head finding son of a gun. Of course he looks for them. The next one I find will be my first and I'll probably fall down and have it stab me before I see it. I've just never had the need to look.

Comment

I looked a little bit close to home today along the river bank but the water was too high. When it recedes, I'll hopefully have some luck. Here are a some I found last year out in Real County along the Frio River. Make sure to post up what you find!!

Last edited by Johnny; 10-20-2008, 12:22 PM.

Comment

No doubt it's addicting. As soon as the river goes down I'm all over it. Here are some pics of my modest collection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	arrow points.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	23828582

Click image for larger version

Name:	arrowheads.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	23828583

Hey DrenJunkie, you are closer than you think to some good hunting areas.

Comment

now that's cool

Comment

Still hunting?

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back, i was bidding on an item on ebay. Well we did not have any luck. We could not cross the creek to get to the spot so went to a diffrent site and had no luck. Here is some i found on my last trip. Not a one perfect, but better than todays trip!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

hmmm thats pretty cool. maybe i can find some one day. i have yet to find one. or even look for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      hmmm thats pretty cool. maybe i can find some one day. i have yet to find one. or even look for that matter
                      There are some nice artifacts in west texas.

Comment

Copperhead, where do you hunt?

Comment

All in East Texas. I surface hunt mainly. I have several places in Delta,Hopkins,Lamar,and Wood counties. I find my oldest points in the North Sulphur River. I have been hunting points right at twenty years. Here are some East Texas points.
                          Attached Files

Comment

ever hunt in the Palo Duro canyon

Comment

no, but would love to.

Comment

Working...
                              X