Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, I Need to Find a Portable Septic System for RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, I Need to Find a Portable Septic System for RV?

Does anyone have a set up for making a portable septic set up for an rv? I do have a holding tank on my rv but it would be easier to have some type of tank set up on a small trailer to take to a rv dump site then having to close up everything to haul the rv to a rv dump site.

I have seen the small blue tanks but looking for something a little larger. The rv is set up on a ranch with no dump/septic hook up yet. I am hoping to figure out something so that I am not having to close up the rv and haul it to a rv dump station every couple of days. The closet dump site is about 10 miles away.

Thanks!

Are you allowed to make your own septic?

Comment

Get you a 55 gal plastc drum and something like this http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...ump-system.htm then go to town, so to speak.

Comment

buddies at our lease have a 25 gallon tote and it lasts all weekend for black water ... tote it off in the woods before we leave. maybe get you 2-3 of these and haul on small trailer.. with a larger storage tank you'll need to be able to pump all the "stuff" up into a tank on a trailer... if landowner allows you could bury a 55 gallon drum for a small septic system...i think there was a recent post on this subject...

Comment

Just remember that to drain your holding tank, the portable tank will have to be lower than your trailer for the "stuff" won't flow out. If you put it on a trailer, you may have to have a pump.

Comment

Find a 250 gal fuel oil drum and put it on a trailer. You will have to weld in some fittings to fill and drain.

Comment

Dig a hole ~3 ft deep. cover it with plywood, when you leave, open your holding tank drain and let it empty out. Remember to close the drain and put some water in it before using it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                Just remember that to drain your holding tank, the portable tank will have to be lower than your trailer for the "stuff" won't flow out. If you put it on a trailer, you may have to have a pump.
                Keith

Yes, the area for the rv is on a small bluff that would be about 3-4 foot higher than where I could park a trailer with some sort of external holding tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Are you allowed to make your own septic?
                  Chew

Yes, eventually we can do that but it will not be until 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                    Dig a hole ~3 ft deep. cover it with plywood, when you leave, open your holding tank drain and let it empty out. Remember to close the drain and put some water in it before using it again.
                    We can't do any dumping on the property. I can dump at an rv dump site but it is about 10 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                      buddies at our lease have a 25 gallon tote and it lasts all weekend for black water ... tote it off in the woods before we leave. maybe get you 2-3 of these and haul on small trailer.. with a larger storage tank you'll need to be able to pump all the "stuff" up into a tank on a trailer... if landowner allows you could bury a 55 gallon drum for a small septic system...i think there was a recent post on this subject...
                      We can not bury a drum. I have the rv on a small bluff so everything from the rv holding tank will by gravity head down hill. I would just like to find some type of tank that I can put on a small trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Berandel View Post
                        Get you a 55 gal plastc drum and something like this http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...ump-system.htm then go to town, so to speak.
                        I think I am okay since the rv is up on a bluff. I just need to find a tank that is about 100 gallons or so?

Comment

2 55 gallon barrels with 3"inlet and outlet gated valves on each

I would suggest using a section of 3" or 4" sewer pipe instead of the flexible hose you normally use to get from RV to barrels

I have my own dilema right now, valve to empty black water broke(t handle pulled out of gate) in the closed position with the tank about 2/3 FULL. I think I have figured out how to fix the situation without getting a sewer bath though. Guess we will see

Comment

just dump it down wind on the ground towards the bottom of the bluff. throw some lime and rye grass on it, instant food plot.

You not tlaking about a lot if this is a typical weekend deer lease.

Comment

I think you can get those 250 gal poly tanks that are metal framed for under $100. Not sure what size outlet they have on the lower outlet. They stand about 4 foot tall so to top fill it would need to either be lower that the RV outlet of pump into from a holding tanks. Some people use them to haul water.

Not sure of your location but the honey place on I-10 east of Hwy 146 sell them used.

Comment

Working...
                              X