• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
      Any updates?
      The shop I ordered the engine parts from here in Houston stiffed me ~$2K...but I have since got the dinero returned. That was going to be the next phase - engine rebuild. There are numerous online resources where I can get the parts from and will eventually get there. I have dropped back and punted...over my days off for Christmas, I am going to complete the bracing, remove the body and start on that phase...minor body repair prior to sending her off to the professionals.

Sue sure is feeling neglected and I feel sorry for her. I hope to give her a bit 'ol TLC in the weeks ahead. Thanks for inquiring...

Comment

Dude! Buy a vice! Those grinders will eat elk hide welding gloves for breakfast!
        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by KHo View Post
          Sue sure is feeling neglected and I feel sorry for her. I hope to give her a bit 'ol TLC in the weeks ahead. Thanks for inquiring...
          Good deal.....show her the love Bro!

Comment

Just now finding this.

Great-ness.

subscribed

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
              Dude! Buy a vice! Those grinders will eat elk hide welding gloves for breakfast!
              Yes they will! The good news is the wound doesn't bleed much because the grinding wheel melts the skin, rather than cutting it, and cauterizes it shut! Hurts a little though.

Comment

And after ya drop the grinder....its usually still motorvatin and will climb up yer leg!

Ive seen mine do it!
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Yup, the fight's only half over when you let go of it! Reminds me of belt sander races we used to have in shop class.

Comment

Joey and Dale...is this what you call foreshadowing?

Comment

The good thing is, once the bracing is in place, the only welding I have to do is on the body itself. I bought several pair of different size C-clamps and the c-clamp-vise-grip thingies too.

Comment

Looking pretty cool Kevin, I am a fan of the Ghia. Following along!

Comment

I had a Ghia in 67 while in high school ,then bought a 74 super beetle that went well with My 73 BMW R75/5 motorcycle

Comment

Kevin,

Watched a show called Wheeler Dealers last night (british) were they bought a karmann ghia in Idaho and shipped it to the UK and refurbished it. They visited a shop in Cali that specialized in parts for the KG's. http://www.karmannghia.com/home.asp

Thought of you as I was watching it.

Comment

Nice find, nice old car to restore, and the engine does look very good as you noted!

Good luck and keep the pics coming!

Comment

ghia

heres a pic of the ghia I built for my girlfriend (now wife), this was twenty plus years ago. I used to be a vw freak. I built the same engine your doing for my super beetle. 1641 with lightened 8 dowel flywheel, port and polished heads, 3/4 race cam, dual 36mm delloto carbs, cima 87mm jugs, counter weighted crank ect ect....man I miss those days. I always wanted to built a "hot" 1776. never did
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X