The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXMOPAR View Post
    Found a bottle today for $29. Will be my first time trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's hard to beat for the money. Eagle Rare along with Weller Antique, Weller 12, and Henry McKenna 10 are my favorite bottles under $30.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
      It's hard to beat for the money. Eagle Rare along with Weller Antique, Weller 12, and Henry McKenna 10 are my favorite bottles under $30.

Weller has been a favorite for some time now. It's getting hard to find also. I heard it had something to do with them making a mistake on a line of their barrels but I don't know it's that true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I just found two more bottles of Blantons. The liquor store owner said that they had a fire at the distillery and hadn't made any for a while, but that they were back in production. He said that the smaller stores would be allowed one bottle per week. I bet it gets easier to find moving forward

Blanton's along with several other bourbons should be easier to find in the next few years. The bourbon boom really started hitting its stride about 5 years ago and distilleries have upped production, but since Blanton's is aged 6-9 years, it's not like they can just turn it out overnight.

Comment

Oban Little Bay just like I poured in the 7th of the 2nd game when things were going so ****ty.

Comment

Kids went out trick or treating with the moms, so a few dads came over to watch some World Series baseball and have a few drinks. Most of it's mine, but the 3 guys that came over each brought a bottle to share as well. Not a bad Tuesday night.
            Attached Files

Comment

I’m enjoying these pictures. I have some Jack single barrel that I plan on drinking once I finish butchering my first deer of the year.

The Spec’s corporate location has a bottle of Macallen 1937 and Macallen 1940 for $35,000 and $34,000. If I ever win the lottery I don’t plan on splurging on a lot of stuff, but I think I’d buy one of those bottles.

Comment

I’m all quantity over quality tonight. Large doses of squeeze bottle whiskey and Coke Zero! Let’s go Stros!

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                  Kids went out trick or treating with the moms, so a few dads came over to watch some World Series baseball and have a few drinks. Most of it's mine, but the 3 guys that came over each brought a bottle to share as well. Not a bad Tuesday night.
                  Very nice. That Harper is really good.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Was in a shop in stillwater today that had Blantons on the shelf but wanted $67 for it. Picked up some more Weller Antique 107 at retail price instead

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                        Very nice. That Harper is really good.
                        Agree. The I.W. Harper 15 has a very unique flavor, but not in a bad way. This is my first bottle of the Harper 15 and bought it on the recommendation of a friend who has a palate is similar to mine and rarely steers me wrong.

Comment

I over paid ($62) but I haven't seen it anywhere and I have wanted to try it since finding this thread on TBH. I see someone said earlier small shops get 1 a week and I only get here about once a month so I grabbed it. My birthday is next week so I used that as my excuse haha.

My meager collection. I have had the TX since Easter. I like it a lot, but I only drink one ever once in awhile. I usually keep Jim Beam Devils Cut but bought the Devils River a couple of weeks ago to try. It's not bad and was about the same price ($23).

Last edited by stickbowcoop; 11-01-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Just picked up a 1.75 of Elijah Craig small batch for 50 bucks. Pretty dadgum good for cheap whiskey, drink this with one icecube. I've been looking for an everyday whiskey; I might just have found it.

Javi

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                              Just picked up a 1.75 of Elijah Craig small batch for 50 bucks. Pretty dadgum good for cheap whiskey, drink this with one icecube. I've been looking for an everyday whiskey; I might just have found it.

Javi
                              Try makers 46, it's an amazing bourbon mid priced

Picked up 2 more liters of weller 12 Saturday

Comment

If anyone has any leads on Elijah Craig barrel proof please let me know. Had some at a buddy’s wedding and it was pretty tasty

Comment

Working...
                                X