Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip for the mountain bikers, keep a master link with you. I had a nice long walk last night. Bike shoes are not good for walking. KMC x-10 chain was a month and half old.

Comment

Hot

Wish I could ride more but the place where my leg meets my body is rubbing on the saddle today.

I think I’ll go find a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Legdog do you ride that uni up that little dip and hill on the backside of the veloway?

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
          Legdog do you ride that uni up that little dip and hill on the backside of the veloway?

Nope. I simply don’t have a gear for that. I have buddies that can hop sideways up the hill but I don’t possess that skill.

This photo was taken after I walked up the very hill to which you refer.

I consider it a good thing as it forces me to practice my free mount. Riding the 36 inch tire is pretty easy. Jumping on from a standstill and making it go is difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
            Nope. I simply don’t have a gear for that. I have buddies that can hop sideways up the hill but I don’t possess that skill.

This photo was taken after I walked up the very hill to which you refer.

I consider it a good thing as it forces me to practice my free mount. Riding the 36 inch tire is pretty easy. Jumping on from a standstill and making it go is difficult.

Props to you. I’d have a better chance catching a greased pig than riding a unicycle.

Beautiful picture btw

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
              Props to you. I’d have a better chance catching a greased pig than riding a unicycle.

Thanks but anyone can ride a one wheeler. The first trick is wanting to. The second is being stubborn and believing you can do it. Cross those two barriers and you’re in.

There’s a zen side to it that’s very appealing. You can’t ever completely lose focus. Unlike cycling, you never completely master it.

The constant learning curve is very cool.

Comment

Update on ordered Jakroo gear.
                I received the shipping notice. The are scheduled to be here Thursday. I will have them in the mail to you Friday.

Comment

Good luck to anyone who is riding the "Hotter Than Hell" !!!!

Comment

This one looks like a good one. Dirt.

Comment

That sounds like a fun one!

If anyone is looking for a light upgrade or just a new riding light in general, Rakclighting.com is having a sale till the 3rd . The M-Tiger series is very nice and bright as heck
                      Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 09-02-2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Next year I am doing the Colorado trail ride from Denver to Durango with a couple of buddies. It is a bike pack trip with camping under the stars. We will take ten days to travel the 565 miles. I just got a guide book in today. I have two more books on order. There is over 375 miles of single track along this route and there are plenty of refit spots along the way. I am stoked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeXnLbwwbiU"]Colorado Trail - The Best Mountain Bike Trail in the World? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

You people are quiet.

Comment

Pulled off the Driveway Series 4/5 jersey. Catting up to 3 after the state race next week.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                                Pulled off the Driveway Series 4/5 jersey. Catting up to 3 after the state race next week.

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X