Ozarks in the winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozarks in the winter?

Anyone ever been to the ozarks in the winter? Thinking about renting a cabin for New Years just to get away with the wife and 7 year old. What kind of things to do and weather to expect? I’ve heard spring is nice, maybe I’ll wait until spring break.

I oversaw a Christmas lights project for work in Springdale one year, the week before Christmas. I didn’t check the forecast or it was wrong. It was 7 degrees that morning and didn’t reach 20 all day. I was in thin dress slacks, and business attire for the news coverage. I froze the entire day. It was miserable. It can be cold that time of year, moreso than most of texas

Comment

In. We're thinking about that way or Colorado for Christmas next year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Last year we went to Ruidosa New Mexico. Wasn’t to impressed. Thought we would try the ozarks or angel fire this year. Just like being in the mountains when it’s cold out side.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          Last year we went to Ruidosa New Mexico. Wasn’t to impressed. Thought we would try the ozarks or angel fire this year. Just like being in the mountains when it’s cold out side.

Wasn’t impressed with ‘doso or the weather.

One of our best winter vacations was there. Snowed 4 days, rustic cabin. Tons of mike deer. That much snow was rare though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

anyone else?

Comment

anyone else?
              Usually not any kind of bad weather here that time of year, but it will probably be a little chilly. It got down around 0 last New Years but that isn’t the norm.

I just looked at the almanac out of curiosity and our average January 1 high is 42, low 21. Really not bad cabin weather.

Comment

We go to Eureka springs and it is great

Comment

Have stayed at a house on table rock west of Branson several times with family between Christmas and New Years, it's pretty and usually cold but we refer to the Ozarks as hills at our house...silver Dollar City does Christmas right but a lot of the rides can't run when it's below 40 degrees, very reasonable cost wise.

We did Breck last year (21 people, great house above town) Christmas to New Years, had great snow Christmas morning and 3 good days of skiing and all that Breck offers, not reasonable cost wise.

Comment

Depends on where in the Ozarks you're talking about. I have spent a lot of time on the edge in Springfield and Branson area. The winter scenery can vary but you will have more ice than the white stuff.

Comment

Clarksville area. Do not have to have snow. Just want a place to escape the Houston metropolitan area and enjoy a nice outside fire

Comment

Clarksville area. Do not have to have snow. Just want a place to escape the Houston metropolitan area and enjoy a nice outside fire
                        You’ll definitely be able to escape the city in the Ozarks, beautiful country.

Comment

great place to be in the winter time. Most of the touristy stuff will be shut down except for in Branson. Branson won’t be getting away though it is crowded year round. A little further north the Lake of the Ozarks is pretty peaceful in the winter time.

Comment

Just north of Clarksville has some nice scenery.
                            Jasper, Ponca (elk), Hawksbill Crag.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to college in Springfield. Rain and cold weather around Christmas is what you have most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X