2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ride came in Saturday. Just waiting on our son to be born and settled then I’ll be back at it off the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LuBowhunter; 07-26-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      If anyone is going to be in matagorda tomorrow and want to go fishing it me up?

Plan on wading, but might also drift or use to trolling motor too.

9-11am they are calling for 5mph wind out of the north. Would be a great time to shoot across the bay

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
        9-11am they are calling for 5mph wind out of the north. Would be a great time to shoot across the bay

This only happens when I’m not there!

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
          Hit the surf this morning out of POC. Limits of trout and one of the guys on the boat jumped a tarpon 50-60 lb range.

CONGRATS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post

It was like glass this morning. I haven’t decided exactly where on the south shoreline I’ll fish.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              We couldn't get the VI re-booked to reschedule our Chandeleur Island trip that got cancelled back in May. We got the Joka's Wild booked, but it's a smaller boat, so only 6 of us going this trip... We leave Sunday to fish Mon. thru Wed... They've been fightin' the weather but when they can get the conditions right, the fish are there... Rain forecast for us, but it's coming from the north and not tropical so hopefully wind won't be a big issue... north wind is good generally for the islands because it flattens the surf side making fishing the outside of the islands easier... Here's hoping!!
              Wish I had known. I learned of another outfit that leaves from La and has just about the same accommodations and size as the VI. A guy from another forum was with them a few weeks ago and murdered some reds. Some to over 40"

Comment

It was like glass this morning. I haven’t decided exactly where on the south shoreline I’ll fish.

I'm heading down Friday mid day. I was hoping to stumble across some trout in the surf Friday afternoon, then fish east bay Saturday morning.

I don't get to fish there a ton, so I'd love to hear some reports when you have some.

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
                  I'm heading down Friday mid day. I was hoping to stumble across some trout in the surf Friday afternoon, then fish east bay Saturday morning.

I don't get to fish there a ton, so I'd love to hear some reports when you have some.

I’ll be fishing Saturday too.

Comment

I’ll be fishing Saturday too.

What's your plastic of choice?

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                      What's your plastic of choice?

Down south’s

Comment

Anyone know when the federal water, recreational boat snapper season closes? Wanting to make another run or two but not sure of the exact closure date. Definitely don’t wanna be out there when I’m not supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                          Anyone know when the federal water, recreational boat snapper season closes? Wanting to make another run or two but not sure of the exact closure date. Definitely don’t wanna be out there when I’m not supposed to.

82 days from June 1st unless quota is caught and state announces closure.

Comment

Been wearing the trout and reds out all week in the ULM. Sure has been nice with the wind laying the past few days.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                              Been wearing the trout and reds out all week in the ULM. Sure has been nice with the wind laying the past few days.
                              I'm gonna be down there next week. You mind sharing where you are finding fish?

Comment

Down south’s

Haven't fished those yet...Need to get my hands on some.

My go to is the Saltwater Assassin 4" Sea Shad in Bone Diamond. Killer bait for sho.

Comment

Working...
                                X