No announcement yet.

trump, kim jong meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dems in congress have given a list of requirements for the deal with NK.

The Iran deal violates ALL of these requirements

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
      Dems in congress have given a list of requirements for the deal with NK.

The Iran deal violates ALL of these requirements
      Where did you read that?

Comment

Breitbart.com - Chuck Woolery shared this on tweeter -= there is a full article there with all of the demands if you want to read it. This is the header:

Senate Democrats have written a letter to President Donald Trump with a list of requirements that any deal with North Korea must meet if they are to support it.
        The irony: the Iran deal violated each and every one of those.

Comment

About the funniest thing i have seen was CNNs interview with dennis rodman last night. You know he went to Singapore to get his share of attention. hes a bisexual, liberal, black, athlete so just a perfect mix to interview on CNN to shame trump from Singapore..

NOPE! Rodman walks up to the camera and puts on his MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN cap. They were totally perplexed at CCNN when he wouldnt take the bait and trash Trump. Live tv and Rodman wearing that cap.

Comment

We will need congress in this deal to make certain no future potus can undo/change any agreement that comes.

Comment

Good work making this happen!

Not saying that I trust or believe anything, but I'm glad there is at least an appearance of positive interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                About the funniest thing i have seen was CNNs interview with dennis rodman last night. You know he went to Singapore to get his share of attention. hes a bisexual, liberal, black, athlete so just a perfect mix to interview on CNN to shame trump from Singapore..

NOPE! Rodman walks up to the camera and puts on his MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN cap. They were totally perplexed at CCNN when he wouldnt take the bait and trash Trump. Live tv and Rodman wearing that cap.
                Loved it!
                Attached Files

Comment

Full statement from summit here:
                  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...g-un-statement

Per the language, no real changes. Looks like we'll be waiting for the next round of talks to see if anything comes of it. Even Trump can't change the slow haul of diplomacy it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                    Full statement from summit here:
                    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...g-un-statement

Per the language, no real changes. Looks like we'll be waiting for the next round of talks to see if anything comes of it. Even Trump can't change the slow haul of diplomacy it seems.
                    4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Something should be coming of it in very short order or the entire thing is just worth the paper its written on IMO. First milestone is due now.
                    Last edited by Ætheling; 06-12-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Something should be coming of it in very short order or the entire thing is just worth the paper its written on IMO.
                      Easy enough for NK to say they don't have any remains. The problem with the language of the statement is there's no mechanisms for verification or enforcement: no language for US personnel to enter NK to look for remains, etc. Same for the nukes. But with a few hours of meetings, I didn't really expect such.

I'm by no means saying that this won't lead to a verifiable and enforceable agreement, but I'll reserve my excitement until that point. As Trump himself pointed out, "it's just the beginning".

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        We will need congress in this deal to make certain no future potus can undo/change any agreement that comes.
                        Need 2/3 of the senate for that. Unless the democrats are happy with it, I find it unlikely. Though that's treacherous political territory, since it'll let Trump say they're blocking peace for partisan political purposes. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

Comment

Nobel Peace Prize? Oh that would be so cool!
                          "This was a masterclass on how to be Leader of the Free World in the era of social media, reality TV and a global populist revolt against the staid, dishonest, sclerotic political class.

You bypass the media – treating them with a mix of jocular affection and amused contempt – and speak directly to the people in language they can understand."

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

And if that wasnt enough. Then he called out their savior.

“And I tried to do that to Obama. And Obama did not even give me the time of day,” the NBA Hall-of-Famer continued, fighting tears. “I asked him. I said I have something to say from North Korea. He brushed me off. And that didn’t deter me. I still kept going back. … I showed my loyalty and my trust to this country.”

So glad our country isnt drawing pink lines in the sand anymore with these tyrants, or leading from behind with "strategic patience".

Comment

Media seems to think the meeting was filled with empty promises.

Made the agreement that they signed sound like it was a library card application.

Comment

Working...
                                X