Tax cuts/ Bigger check??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
    I got a whopping $8/week increase on a weekly salary check. However, I claim as much as I can so I don’t loan the guberment interest free money. Always get back a nice return, so it’s worked out well.

I claim 0.0 and still owe 7k minimum. No kids and the wife and I both claim 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=bukkskin;13209073]
      Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      My pay checks very a lot so it’s hard for me to figure it out. The first week mine hit was over $230 and I am paid weekly but my company sent an email saying it was backdated for the last 4 weeks. I figured it would be around $55 to $60 per week but on my salary check it was the $29.44.

Sent from my iPhone using
      Hmmm, well keep an eye on it, shoud go up.

I may ask about it on Monday. It’s been a long time since I’ve filled out a W4, but I’m thinking I claim 5 or 6 or something like that.

Comment

That's wierd, I claim 0 dependents and usually get a return of 8 or 9k.
        Of course my company does the paperwork for me.

Comment

Got $52 a month take home...since what seems like almost half is taken for taxes & health care ins etc, I just double it in my mind & make myself the statistic the news touted as the average middle income would see 1100-1200 a year. Seems like squat but gotta be positive and look at it like someone handing you 6 bones at the end of the year to help with the deer lease

I'm in the oil patch/ gas compression side & we took a 10% cut when the bottom fell out a couple years ago and mostly hope the biz incentives this deal focused on help our Co enough to get it back. I know for certain this is the goal from my casual chats with hr.

I will say chatter & activity has upped a click in my territory recently...so I'm digging the direction this cut likely helped springboard

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
            That's wierd, I claim 0 dependents and usually get a return of 8 or 9k.
            Of course my company does the paperwork for me.

I always got a good return with zero kids and two years ago we changed CPA’s and owed $12,500 and $7500 the last two years.

Comment

We got a notice from Teacher Retirement about a month ago stating that we were both going to lose $10 a month thanks to Obamacare. They also jumped our detectable up to $5K BTW. Then we got another notice from Teacher Retirement about a week ago stating that combined, the wife and I were going to get a $200/mo. increase in our pay due to tax cuts from Trump. How anybody can continue tot vote for dems is beyond me . . . unless they don't work at all and don't want to.

Comment

I compared this years checks to last years with the same hours.

Once I factor in my annual raise I saw $0.00 on one check and $8.00 on another.
                The amount of the "bump" was exactly the dollar amount of my raise x the hours worked.
                However, I did pay more for health care and more in taxes for SS and Medicare, so in the end it is a WASH for me so far.

My wife's part time paychecks shows little to no bump either.

I guess the Trump windfall missed my house. .

If there is extra money to be had, I'm guessing I'll see it when the 2018 taxes are hashed out in 2019.

Comment

I netted about $80/Monty increase

Comment

I noticed a little increase , wasn’t sure what the deal was. Guess I’ll increase the 401 K a percent or two !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      I got a whopping $8/week increase on a weekly salary check. However, I claim as much as I can so I don’t loan the guberment interest free money. Always get back a nice return, so it’s worked out well.
                      If your getting a nice return then the government is borrowing your money interest free...if you break even that’s the best case scenario.

Comment

The only extra I've seen so far is OT.

Comment

Got the Trump raise too, but could have been more if health insurance didn’t go up. Ugh.

J

Comment

I’m bi-weekly and got about $300.

Comment

Crumbs.....

Comment

$35/week.

Comment

Working...
                                X