• Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5, big fingers!!

Comment

Save your money for a time in need

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
        This is dependent. If you want your dad or your son or _______ to use your suppressor when you are not present then a trust is a must. Now if you don't want/don't have anybody to share it with then yes a trust is not needed.

Disagree with your trust statement. There plenty of good reasons for a trust, mainly estate planning.

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
        I think you answered your own question.

I'd look into getting one or two cans (pistol, .30, .22 can) or a can and an sbr, AR prices are currently so low that you can have a solid quality SBR for cheaper than ever and the new bar-code system combined with BATFE getting past the pre-41f pile of stamps means dramatically reduced wait times on the horizon.

also, just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        I'd definitely go the individual route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No wife or kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Disagree with your trust statement. There plenty of good reasons for a trust, mainly estate planning.

No wife or kids?

Nope. Single no kids. Only people I know that would want to use them can buy their own crap! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I totally agree with you. I was just saying there are reasons to have a trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
              If I had $1500 just burning a hole in my pocket I'd spend it on a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 but you said "gun" so...I think the Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunter in 6.5 CM is an awesome rifle for the price.
              Hit up Matt Hicks. Just sent a buddy to him for that exact Scope. WAY under $1500!!

Comment

Nope. Single no kids. Only people I know that would want to use them can buy their own crap! Haha

Trust is a long term deal. Helps your family out in case something happens to you. I'd highly advise getting one. Isn't any harder with just you on it. You'll need pics and prints either way. Silver shop and capitol armory do it all in house. I'd say buy a suppressor or build an SBR.

Comment

also, just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.
                  Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
                  This is dependent. If you want your dad or your son or _______ to use your suppressor when you are not present then a trust is a must. Now if you don't want/don't have anybody to share it with then yes a trust is not needed.
                  Both of the above are either wrong or misleading, IMO. It's not a matter of whether you want someone to be able to use your suppressor without you being there. It's a question of whether there will ever be a time when, for example (1) the suppressors are at home, (2) you are not home, (3) someone else is at home, and (4) that person has access to the cans. So, if you have a wife who knows the safe combo, and there's a time when you won't be home but she will be, you're putting her in jeopardy of being in possession of a suppressor not registered to her. Likely to be enforced often? Nah. Felony if so? Abso-effing-lutely. Trust solves this problem with ease.

If you go individual, when you die, whoever gets your cans gets to buy $200 stamp for each one. If you go trust, they become the trustees' with no transfer fee at all. Trust wins 8 days a week.

Let's say I have a spare $1000 sitting around. I don't really have any NEEDs to fill, just want. (although I don't have any SBR's or Suppressors yet )

Would prefer long gun over handgun. Would prefer 5.56 or 9mm.

What would you buy for 1K? I will stretch to say, $1500 for the right gun.
                  I know exactly what I'd buy. LaRue Tactical is feeling the post-election pinch just as bad as anyone else. They have some pretty amazing deals going right now. They sell you all the parts of the gun besides the serialized receiver. Either slap them together on a receiver that you already have, or wait until they contact you (and they have promised to do this) and offer their matching receiver to complete the gun.

5.56, 300BLK, and 6.5 Grendel in AR15 starting at $700 something
                  7.62, .260, and 6.5 Creedmoor in AR10 starting at $1100 something

Both variants come with the option to buy a LaRue suppressor for only $399.

6.5 Grendel in 18" config:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    It's a question of whether there will ever be a time when, for example (1) the suppressors are at home, (2) you are not home, (3) someone else is at home, and (4) that person has access to the cans. So, if you have a wife who knows the safe combo, and there's a time when you won't be home but she will be, you're putting her in jeopardy of being in possession of a suppressor not registered to her. Likely to be enforced often? Nah. Felony if so? Abso-effing-lutely. Trust solves this problem with ease.
                    can you reference one case of this happening?

In my situation as well as the OP's and many others situations a trust simply isn't the best route to go (especially post 41f as I stated). For some it may be YMMV though.

That Larue kit looks like a **** good deal, gonna look into it and see if I can't pick one up for myself. Thanks for the heads up on that.
                    Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-09-2017, 12:17 AM.

Comment

can you reference one case of this happening?

In my situation as well as the OP's and many others situations a trust simply isn't the best route to go (especially post 41f as I stated). For some it may be YMMV though.

That Larue kit looks like a **** good deal, gonna look into it and see if I can't pick one up for myself. Thanks for the heads up on that.
                      Lets say you rustle the wrong jimmies next week and someone carts you off and dumps you in a lake. Now all your NFA stuff will be left with your family. If you had a trust then bam done. All would be fine and no extra paperwork or hassle would be needed. If you DONT have a trust, your family, on top of crying and pouting, or cheering in some families, will have to go through all hoops to mke sure they are legal. If a LEO wanting to be an arse about it and they didn't know, it could get them into some serious trouble. ANd while a court may throw it out, itll still be a pain and cost a lot of time and money. So I will ALWAYS tell someone to just pony up a few hundred bucks for a good trust done by an attorney that specializes in it, not one of the quickbooks ones....and set your wife, kids, brothers, uncles, whoever is on there up for a pain free transfer in the event something happens to you.

Comment

Definitely a suppressor. I'd have one on every gun if I could swing it.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

If you go individual, when you die, whoever gets your cans gets to buy $200 stamp for each one. If you go trust, they become the trustees' with no transfer fee at all. Trust wins 8 days a week.
                          Not true. There is no $200 transfer fee upon inheritance.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            Not true. There is no $200 transfer fee upon inheritance.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/tr...tates/download
                            Thank you for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Lets say you rustle the wrong jimmies next week and someone carts you off and dumps you in a lake. Now all your NFA stuff will be left with your family. If you had a trust then bam done. All would be fine and no extra paperwork or hassle would be needed. If you DONT have a trust, your family, on top of crying and pouting, or cheering in some families, will have to go through all hoops to mke sure they are legal. If a LEO wanting to be an arse about it and they didn't know, it could get them into some serious trouble. ANd while a court may throw it out, itll still be a pain and cost a lot of time and money. So I will ALWAYS tell someone to just pony up a few hundred bucks for a good trust done by an attorney that specializes in it, not one of the quickbooks ones....and set your wife, kids, brothers, uncles, whoever is on there up for a pain free transfer in the event something happens to you.
                              That's a neat fantasy story, but I'm still waiting for the references of actual cases of the hypothetical situation outlined in Remington's post.

I don't have any kids and I if I kick the bucket my one $700 dollar .30 cal can is gonna be the last thing my wife gives a crap about lol. You sound like someone who works in sales with the hypothetical sensationalized feels story not based in reality to complete an up sell while making the process seem way more difficult than it is and that there's a chance some county cop is gonna show up shoot my dog and throw my wife in jail.

Not every person has the same circumstances lol. Some people finance cars for 60 months, some people cut a check, some people lease. One option isn't more right than the other.
                              Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-09-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I see no benefit for me to do a trust. I've never had a problem back in the day getting a leo signature so all my stuff is in my name. If I do a trust it will cost me around $3000 just for an individual to trust transfer for 15 or so items. If I kick the bucket my stuff transfers tax free to whoever I will it to. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                                X