Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could load all this stuff up and drop it in a volcano

Comment

We have so much natural gas produced along with the fracking surge that we could supply the World with clean energy. Green is just a hoax.. Carbon dioxide is what feeds GREEN plants.

Comment

I'll hold my nose and wait for commercially available fusion power. It doesn't leave behind toxic waste, can't melt down, and doesn't require fissile material. Unfortunately it's still beyond our technological abilities to build a fusion reactor that has a net power gain; supposedly we're still a few decades away.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
          I'll hold my nose and wait for commercially available fusion power. It doesn't leave behind toxic waste, can't melt down, and doesn't require fissile material. Unfortunately it's still beyond our technological abilities to build a fusion reactor that has a net power gain; supposedly we're still a few decades away.
          We need to discover a new metal before fusion ever happens...the process is heated to millions of degrees!!! Tungsten has the highest melting point at 6100°F, we have a long ways to go! In the mean time, the best we can do is try to find a way to properly store the current waste, Which I deal with every day right now!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
            We need to discover a new metal before fusion ever happens...the process is heated to millions of degrees!!! Tungsten has the highest melting point at 6100°F, we have a long ways to go! In the mean time, the best we can do is try to find a way to properly store the current waste, Which I deal with every day right now!
            I thought we were in the billions here on Earth? The Sun can get away with millions due to its incredible mass, and gravity. Fascinating stuff for sure .

Comment

We may see a working fusion reactor sooner than later. Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works guys are working on it!!

Comment

Magnetic fusion containment most likely. 500 megawatt reactor scheduled for completion in 2035 (according to Wikipedia)

Comment

Scientists are finally getting close to nuclear fusion, according to a new study by German researchers from the Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics

Interesting article regarding fusion reactor.

Once they work it all out, the generated power would be too cheap to meter!!!

Meaning free unlimited power to all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    That's how I took it. But hey, why waste an opportunity to disprove someone's post. That seems to happen a lot.
                    It should happen alot. That way we discuss, opinions are brought forth, facts are produced, and hopefully we all get along and learn a little . Why else are we here, to all agree on everything posted? That don't sound like too much fun to me.

Comment

this is great

Comment

Green energy is all about the "green" (money). I worked for a company that was big into it. Those groups were part of the service and contracting group that I was supporting. Seems like everyone was LEED certified.

Comment

Originally posted by SMC View Post
                          http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/01/sc...-fusion-power/

Interesting article regarding fusion reactor.

Once they work it all out, the generated power would be too cheap to meter!!!

Meaning free unlimited power to all!
                          That will never happen.....lol! That technology will get locked in a vault , and the inventor will be killed (think Raiders of the Lost Ark scene) before anything is given for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            That will never happen.....lol! That technology will get locked in a vault , and the inventor will be killed (think Raiders of the Lost Ark scene) before anything is given for free.
                            You aint lying! Those patents will be sold to Big Energy or they will get their political friends to force said sale.

I fear the same thing happens in healthcare innovations with big Pharma which would be most unfortunate if true.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              You aint lying! Those patents will be sold to Big Energy or they will get their political friends to force said sale.

I fear the same thing happens in healthcare innovations with big Pharma which would be most unfortunate if true.
                              Lol, cannabis products come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                LOL. You have very little faith my friend.

I really do believe we will see fusion power within our life times. Besides its not one inventor.... its teams of scientists working on it all over the world. Something like fusion power after they figure out the containment issues cannot be put in a vault and locked away.

And the dudes at the Skunk Works cannot be taken lightly. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X