No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, New member here!! We have 1200 Acres in Houston county, just outside of crockett bordering the DCNF. Very nice horn growth this year on our Bow only lease. SHould be some fantastic kills.

can't wait to get started

Comment

Originally posted by Brad King View Post
      Hello, New member here!! We have 1200 Acres in Houston county, just outside of crockett bordering the DCNF. Very nice horn growth this year on our Bow only lease. SHould be some fantastic kills.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job brushing the pop up in!

Comment

Since it won't rain, I made my own rain lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brad King View Post

Welcome. I hope your right!

Comment

Well velvets been shed and bucks that you could set your watch to a month ago are nowhere to be found, which is typical. They'll be back, just ready to get the season started.

Comment

I still have a few coming by behind the house.
                This fat ol 6 staked claim to my corn pile and is eating up as fast as I can dump it out. He won't get a pass this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                  I still have a few coming by behind the house.
                  This fat ol 6 staked claim to my corn pile and is eating up as fast as I can dump it out. He won't get a pass this year.

Yessir, I'd shoot that sucker in a heartbeat!! Love me some big 6's and big brow tines!! Bet if you don't get him early, he won't have those brows long...
                  Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Well velvets been shed and bucks that you could set your watch to a month ago are nowhere to be found, which is typical. They'll be back, just ready to get the season started.
                    Butttttttt, did any new ones show up?

Comment

Looks like I will get out there his weekend finally. Already know I got a ton of work to do. Had a storm come thru back in early Aug and it looked like a bomb went off. Lost several big pin oaks, one the ladder stand is still attached to it!!! Gonna take every bit of a day to cut my way in to the feeder that was there to get it out and move. Top of a tree is on it now. Haven't had a chance to survey any other places, so no telling how many more are down!!

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                        Since it won't rain, I made my own rain lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hey now! Where'd you get that seed, sir?!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

lol I was feeding 12 and I'm down to 2 in the last 2 weeks. This shift always freaks me out, I know some will be back. Some may be gone til the spring.

Comment

I

I got most of my stuff planted save a few spots. I hit this rain just right, it was way earlier than I usually like to plant but I won't have the time later in early October like usual. I got wheat, elbon, oats, winter peas, turnips, radishes and mustard greens spread out over 4 places. I just need a cold winter and hard freeze in December

Comment

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

NE Texas bucks for me

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                Looks like I will get out there his weekend finally. Already know I got a ton of work to do. Had a storm come thru back in early Aug and it looked like a bomb went off. Lost several big pin oaks, one the ladder stand is still attached to it!!! Gonna take every bit of a day to cut my way in to the feeder that was there to get it out and move. Top of a tree is on it now. Haven't had a chance to survey any other places, so no telling how many more are down!!
                                Hang I. There, you'll get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X