Five Days and Counting

Comment

Four Days and Counting. Getting fired UP

Comment

Three Days and counting. Packing the truck

Comment

Two days and counting.

Comment

Just returned from our long road trip (9 states, 7000 miles, 30 days). We came down from Kansas on Highway 83 so went right thru Brady and Mason on our way to Fredricksburg. Stopped in at Mason Mt WMA and visited with the staff. They have not had any rain, and conditions are extremely dry. The lake is less than half of what it was in January. Animals should be keying on water and food. They burned an island of oaks in the middle of the north pasture, and it really filled up with new green grass. You will have a fun time, no matter what. Take lots of photos to remember.

Comment

Thanks Joel for this information. I have my truck loaded up and ready to pull out in the morning. I plan on stopping in Borene and pick up a couple of bails of alfa hay,some range cubes and a couple bags of corn to help attract some animals. I will send you some pictures of the hunt. Sounds you had a great trip. We plan on taking a trip from Texas through the western states into Canada then return through the Dekotas back home when we retire. Thanks again for everything.

Comment

Good luck, have a great trip. You know you can always call or stop by when you get out this way.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Anxiously waiting for report. Hope it was a great hunt for you!!!

Comment

Late to the party, how'd you do?

The north pasture had plenty of Oryx when we were there. Mason Mountain is a great WMA.

Comment

Sorry for the late report. My group of four hunters killed one Oryex that met the 30" or less rule. Man that place is full of trophy size Oryex. I saw about twenty Oryex while hunting and all of them had horns pushing 40". I saw all kinds of Whitetail deer and water bucks. The guys at the WMA were top notch people. The rooms were nice and we used the kitchen area a bunch. Thanks for all the information from all the TBHers. Can someone text me there number? I cannot get the picture to attach.

Comment

How much is the hunt fee at Mason Mountain WMA? I was looking on here and could not find anything other than the application fee.

Comment

The Gemsbock and Schimittar Horned Oryx application fees are $10/ea per person.

I don't believe there is a permit fee on those.

Of course, there will be a few other people trying to draw those hunts.

I went on a Javi hunt there a few years back and saw Sable, Gemsbock, and Schimittar Horned Oryx. There is a high fence on the north pasture, and the "mountain".

Also saw whitetail and hogs, but no javi.

Comment

Find you one with a long horn on one side and the other damaged or missing. Taxidermist can build a horn to match the good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X