Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better pictures of buck with neck wound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's a thick necked rascal!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      Wow, that's a thick necked rascal!
      That's the biggest deer I have ever laid eyes on. I watched him for 45 minutes. Counting and scoring . I kept getting 160. I couldn't believe it though. I guessed him at 250 + live weight . The game wardens couldn't believe it either.

Comment

He just came over the fence for a midday protein snack:

Comment

His name should be lucky. .
          he looks like a young deer with potential to me, hope he makes it and stays on your place...

Comment

I'd have thought that shot would have broke his vertebrae. Tough dude

Comment

Based on this, and the fact that he alive, I'd say it went above all bone in his neck.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451248024.632607.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	24421609

Comment

That buck is going to be an absolute beast in 2/3 years. His neck looks to be healing.

Comment

I don't think he's a young deer but didn't we establish that bucks could only be aged by the size of their sack?

Hopefully gangrene doesn't set in and get him. That'd be a terrible shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    I don't think he's a young deer but didn't we establish that bucks could only be aged by the size of their sack?

Hopefully gangrene doesn't set in and get him. That'd be a terrible shame.

It's been 2 weeks minimum since he was shot, so I would think the odds are tilting in his favor day by day.

Comment

He was in my feed pen for 30 minutes right before dark and he's back in there again. I guess I'll take some protein out for him this weekend. I virtually never have antlers consistently on protein this time of year, so I'm gonna feed this dude. :-)

I need some good color pics to see how that wound is looking. IR ain't much for that:

Comment

I don't see a young deer. I see a wore out older deer but either way it is cool that you now have a little history with this guy. Hope he blows up next year and you close the book on him.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                          If that's a gunshot wound it didn't penetrate 2"
                          More likely from a fight or even a broken tree limb
                          This was my 1st thought too...I have one just like him, but in the shoulder...

He came in that after noon - clean - next afternoon hole in the shoulder...

Part of the ranch he was at, was a ZERO percent chance he was shot...

Gonna follow this thread...very interesting.

Comment

We are 99% sure it's a gunshot wound.

Comment

Looks like a gunshot wound as well. They are tough animals. Looks like he will likely make it.

Comment

These animals amaze me!

Comment

Working...
                                X