Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erath County buck

Got this guy yesterday afternoon

I cheated and shot him with the .243 but I still enjoy thumping a big buck with the smoke pole

Got held up @ work longer than expected so was late to begin with, pulled in the gate about 4:30. I knew better than to even attempt driving down into the bottom but as you can see I decided to try it anyway

I was ****** and had wasted even more daylight so I left the bow in the truck and grabbed my rifle. Got settled in and had doe cruising almost immediately. Few doe came to feeder and kept looking to my left, finally caught movement in that direction and noticed a doe walking through the mesquites right at the blind. Slowly put my facemask and gloves on and noticed a bigger body deer behind her, got the binos up and instantly realized it was my target buck. Grabbed my gun and got ready, the doe kept working my way to a mesquite about 30 yards from the blind. The buck was watching her every move, if she worked left he would too, he had the cutting horse effect going on. He finally crossed through an opening in the mesquites and I let the Howa .243 eat. I could tell he was hit hard, he ran to my left and stopped again quartering away @ 80 yards, he was starting to sway a little but he went to take another step so I hit him again.

I could tell on trail cam pics that he had something growing from his left base but was surprised when he had a turkey foot growing from above his eye socket haha coolest thing I’ve ever seen

He has 13 pts and is 17” inside

My old man killed a good one this morning too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I got one yesterday just down in Gustine. They were on the move for sure.

Comment

Admin can you please move to ATC sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man thats a cool lookin buck!!
        Down that way myself and TSU alum so...
        Hopeing to put one down this weekend

Comment

What a cool deer. And holy cow his mass is crazy. Dad's deer is really nice to congrats to both of you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, that is one crazy cool buck!!!

Congrats to you and your dad on two real nice bucks.

Comment

Wow, that thing is unique
              Congrats on a couple great bucks

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Crazy looking buck there. Wonder how that extra antler affected him.

Comment

Maaaasssss!!!!!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Big day in Erath Co.! Great bucks!

Comment

They were sure moving good the last two days. Well done!

Comment

Congrats to you both, great looking deer

Comment

Working...
                              X