Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better pictures of buck with neck wound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
    Agreed, looks like a gunshot wound. Sad. Do you think he is 13"? I see the same almost every year.
    from the 3rd pic I think he’d go 13"

Comment

I'm surprised that didn't kill him! Not a bad deer

Comment

Not sure on age, but he looks to be 13", and just in case that wound is painful, you might want to go ahead and give him a carbon injection.

Comment

This is a tough deer to age. But the more I look at him the older he looks. 6.5+. On the other hand those HCO cell cams are so much better than the coverts. I have one and it works well. I also have 2 of the Reconyx 950s cell cams and they are sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
            This is a tough deer to age. But the more I look at him the older he looks. 6.5+. On the other hand those HCO cell cams are so much better than the coverts. I have one and it works well. I also have 2 of the Reconyx 950s cell cams and they are sweet!

It is nice with the Spartan Cameras to be able to get high quality images sent to you when you want them. Always wanted to try one of the Reconyx cell cams, just too much coin for me.

Comment

On the Spartan cams how do you get the high quality pics sent to you? I never have been able to figure it out. Is it complicated? Could you explain to me in detail?

Comment

On the Spartan cams how do you get the high quality pics sent to you? I never have been able to figure it out. Is it complicated? Could you explain to me in detail?

You have to use their premium portal service, which $3/month. With it you get the GoApp for iPhone or Android for free. You can request the HD pic from the app or online through the portal. You should have gotten a free month trial of the portal with the purchase of the GoCam.

So, first question is, are you using premium?

Comment

I don't believe I am. Isn't there a setting in the camera for this?

Comment

There are 3 resolutions you can get pictures sent in with the Spartan's: 640x480, 1280x960, and full size from the SD card.

640x480 is the only resolution that is available (as far as I know) w/o the premium service.

640x480 & 1280x960 are the programmed choices with the premium service. 640x480 is what most every cell camera has been using the last few years. Unless my batteries are showing low, I only use 1280x960 because the pictures are SO much better than 640x480.

If you see something you want an even better look at, you can request the hi res version of the picture. The next time the camera is triggered or a scheduled event occurs, the picture directly from SD card will be sent to you.

The settings to choose between 640x480 and 1280x960 are on the web portal or app. I do not believe they are in the cameras menu.

To give you an idea, with 640x480's you can have about 5000 pictures a month sent and stay within the data plan limits for ATT GoCams. With 1280x960 pics it's about 1600 pics/month.

One of the cool things about the premium services is that though the portal you can program up to 20 text or email addresses to receive camera pictures. Whether it's 1 or 20 it uses the same amount of data to distribute the pictures. The camera only sends it to the portal one time so there is only one data usage. I have the GoWireless App on my iPhone. I get pics sent to me on it from our 3 Spartans and 3 other Spartans that a buddy in NJ owns.

If your camera came with a free months premium service, use it for that month. Get the phone app. It's that good. It blows away every control system for a cell camera you've used before. Covert will be releasing a similar phone app to control their cameras early next year from what I'm hearing.
                    Last edited by Roscoe; 12-23-2015, 08:52 AM.

Comment

When I open my iPhone app, this is what I see:

When I choose an individual camera it looks like this. I can select a single picture and zoom in on it. I can email or text it directly from the app with the "share" button.

I can change all the camera settings from the app. As many changes as I want at one time:

As far as I know you can put the app on any android device, iPhone, iPad etc. there is only one premium charge per camera per month, there is no charge for the app. So you pay the premium charge for the camera each month and anyone you want to have pics from your camera can use the app for free on their device.
                      Last edited by Roscoe; 12-23-2015, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the help! Going to get mine set up as soon as possible.

Comment

All these folks saying he should be paralyzed or dead. Looks way high for that, looks like solid neck meat. Good buck, I think he is young also. Hopefully he blows up for you next year and with an injury who knows what kind of shenanigans will sprout from his head int the summer.

Comment

Thanks for the help! Going to get mine set up as soon as possible.

Your welcome. I think you can find everything you need here. There are several demo/tutorials there.

Spartan Camera is the most sophisticated wireless scouting camera solution. You don't have to be there!

Comment

Regardless of age, he'll get a pass from me this year as long as he keeps doing well. He's hitting protein 2 or 3 times a day right now. Came in again this evening:

Comment

Ducked my string

About 5 years ago this guy ducked my arrow but got a good sized gash. This was taken by a rifle hunter 2 weeks after I creased him.He was seen 3 more times that year. I never saw him myself or I would have tried again. It's kinda hard to see.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X