Good day to cook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good day to cook.

Well I'm off today and it's my FILs birthday, so I told the wife I would cook. Grabbed some ribs this morning an fired up the smoker. Also threw together a cabbage/meat/pico stew for a side an to also double as my lunch. Just got done with a bowl of the stew an a lime and Titos, and I must say it was great. Hope my father in law enjoys the family and food tonight as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

looking good!

Comment

Almost time to wrap the ribs.

Comment

looking gooood!

Comment

cabbage stew looks very good !

Comment

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems to me that you are as a good son in law as the one I have Great ones are hard to come by Thanks for being so thoughtful

Comment

So how do we get a cabbage stew recipe?? That sounds awesome!! I got w buddy with a turnip green soup that's delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  So how do we get a cabbage stew recipe?? That sounds awesome!! I got w buddy with a turnip green soup that's delicious!

This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by spikebuck View Post
                    This^^^
                    It's something I ate at Soulman's bbq a while back and decided I could make it better.
                    Start by browning 1lb of breakfast sausage and set aside. Then chop a package of cheap bacon, I bought the morell brand at walmart for about $2.65, and brown it till it's really dark. Once the bacon is dark but not crunchy, add a head of cabbage that is cored out an chopped to about 1" pieces. Add the cabbage to the bacon and reduce the heat with a lid on the pot.

Before starting the sausage I made some simple pico with Romo tomatoes, white onion, jalapenos, cilantro, limes, and SPG.

Once the cabbage was reduced down pretty good and starting to darken up I added the sausage and most of the pico, I left a little bit out to snack on. Then just like any stew let it simmer on low heat for as long as you can bear it.

This was the first time I made this dish, but it turned out amazing and the family tore it up.

Comment

Love me some cabbage soup#

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X