No announcement yet.

Exotic doe hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer the questions above. Axis does are doable with a bow. I have both bow and rifle blinds at all 7 of the feeders, however axis are the most skiddish animal on the place.

If you take an axis doe your total cost for the hunt would be $450. $150 for the hunt fee +$300 for the kill fee. If you take another doe then you only owe the additional kill fee for that animal.

Buff is correct. The hunt fee is to cover my costs. If you don't shoot something then all you owe is the hunt fee.

Normal hunt fees are $250 for a 2 day hunt, so if you want to shoot a trophy exotic you can get a little discount on the daily fees now.

Hope that answers your questions.
    Thanks Dean

Comment

Is a fee to cover your room & board plus a kill(success) fee really that complicated to understand? It's the best of both worlds - ranch is compensated for use of facilities regardless, and hunter is protected in the event that they don't see anything. No shot, no pay.

Really good deal for anyone looking to get some good meat and see some cool animals.

Comment

I may shoot 4 or 5 of these ..... you know how I love to shoot arrows at stuff

Click image for larger version

Name:	26805494_217585428813472_7676085717503422037_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	24527742

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            To answer the questions above. Axis does are doable with a bow. I have both bow and rifle blinds at all 7 of the feeders, however axis are the most skiddish animal on the place.

If you take an axis doe your total cost for the hunt would be $450. $150 for the hunt fee +$300 for the kill fee. If you take another doe then you only owe the additional kill fee for that animal.

Buff is correct. The hunt fee is to cover my costs. If you don't shoot something then all you owe is the hunt fee.

Normal hunt fees are $250 for a 2 day hunt, so if you want to shoot a trophy exotic you can get a little discount on the daily fees now.

Hope that answers your questions.
            Thanks Dean

Sounds like a great deal

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
              Thanks! I never understood why there is this fee and that fee? Why can't there just be one price?
              It's in favor of the hunter.
              The alternative, used by many ranches, is "kill or no kill," and some folks get their feathers ruffled if they pay the one fee and don't get an opportunity.
              this way if you go on a hunt and something weird happens and you don't get a shot for some reason, you're out the accommodations and not the kill fee.

Comment

Thanks for posting pictures for me Buff. I don't have internet at the ranch and won't have for 2 more months while the provider works on their tower.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, I hope things go well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    PM sent
                    Pm replied. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                      Thanks for posting pictures for me Buff. I don't have internet at the ranch and won't have for 2 more months while the provider works on their tower.
                      No problem
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	22196070_181109029127779_2876471556474725146_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	24527750

Comment

I'd have to agree on axis being VERY skittish! However, on a high fence place where the hogs get hunted regularly, there's probably not a more difficult animal to get with a bow than a big ol hog... They kicked my tail this past weekend at Buff's old place!! Maybe I need to come whack 'em at your place... before the TBH crowd shows up and get's 'em all edumacated!

Comment

Hmmm.. I'll ping the warden tonight so see if she'll open up the purse strings for an axis hunt. Sure sounds like a great way to put meat in the freezer.

Richard.

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Good deal. Will absolutely call after taxes!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                I'd have to agree on axis being VERY skittish! However, on a high fence place where the hogs get hunted regularly, there's probably not a more difficult animal to get with a bow than a big ol hog... They kicked my tail this past weekend at Buff's old place!! Maybe I need to come whack 'em at your place... before the TBH crowd shows up and get's 'em all edumacated!
                                Right now the hogs are kinda dumb by hog standards so come on down and educate them. If you shoot a doe you get a hog free.

Comment

Working...
                                X