No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditioning today. If I don't get anything else out of this program I should have huge calf muscles. They're on fire again today. 4 different exercises, minimum rest between sets, no more than 30 seconds.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Today was supposed to be an off day but I decided to move it to tomorrow so I can play golf with my son. So all cardio today, 1 mile warm up on the treadmill, 5 minutes to stretch and get heart rate back down, back to back Tabatas with 1 minute rest inbetween, walked and slight jog the rest of the time for a total of 4 miles altogether. 12 minutes stretching legs in the dry suana. About an hour overall.

Comment

Pull ups. 4 sets to failure.
        DB renegade rows. 3 sets of 12.
        DB fielders curls. 4 sets of 12.
        Standing tubing bicep curls. 3 sets of 30.
        60 seconds rest between sets.
        Starfish crunches. 3 sets to failure.
        30 seconds rest between sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
          Pull ups. 4 sets to failure.
          That would have been about 4 total for me. But I like the way you expressed it better.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            That would have been about 4 total for me. But I like the way you expressed it better.
            Lol. I got a few more than 4, but not many.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              Lol. I got a few more than 4, but not many.

Ditto!

Hit shoulders with my son today. Quality time in the glorious house of gains!

BB OHP light weight working on snatch and jerk positions. Aka balance
              Db raises 4x15
              Face pulls 4x15
              Machine seated press 3x12 shotgun style. Aka, with no rest.
              Shrugs on Hamer Strength Machine 5x15

Forgot to do abs. Bad dad, I know.

As some might know, my son is a T1 Diabetic. He wears a continuous glucose monitor on his arm. A nice built young man, wearing a Supertraining POWER shirt, introduced himself as a fellow T1D. Im glad my son got to meet him. It lets him know he is not alone on his journey.

Overall, it was a good session for a pump and getting a good sweat going. Proud of my boy.

Comment

Bi’s and back currently

Comment

25 min elliptical. Some light arms, chest, tris. Still sore from lasst one.

Comment

Bi’s and back currently

Edit: I never work out this late and was quickly reminded why with the crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      25 min elliptical. Some light arms, chest, tris. Still sore from lasst one.
                      Keep it up brother.

Comment

Keep it up brother.
                        Thank you sir. I'm actually getting to the point where I'm looking forward to going and feel bad if I don't. Still having trouble with my lack of control at the table and it's keeping me from reaching my goals. But I feel a lot better and the pants fit better.

Has anyone experienced pain at the base of the bicep right at the crease of the elbow? I noticed it before I started going to the gym when I was lifting corn bags or anything with any kind of weight to it. I used to have tennis elbow on the outsides of my elbow but now this is a new pain in both arms at the base of the bicep maybe the end of the bicep. Couldn't even do a full set with a curl bar today. Weird that it's identical on both arms.

Comment

Thank you sir. I'm actually getting to the point where I'm looking forward to going and feel bad if I don't. Still having trouble with my lack of control at the table and it's keeping me from reaching my goals. But I feel a lot better and the pants fit better.

Has anyone experienced pain at the base of the bicep right at the crease of the elbow? I noticed it before I started going to the gym when I was lifting corn bags or anything with any kind of weight to it. I used to have tennis elbow on the outsides of my elbow but now this is a new pain in both arms at the base of the bicep maybe the end of the bicep. Couldn't even do a full set with a curl bar today. Weird that it's identical on both arms.
                          Thats the hardest part is getting to that point of enjoyment and it’s 10x easier from there! Keep it up sir!

Not sure on the pain
                          Last edited by 150class; 01-19-2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

The pain could be bicep tendinitis or a minor strain. Is the pain constant, intermittent and does extending your arm relieve the pain but it returns once the bicep is relaxed?

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                              The pain could be bicep tendinitis or a minor strain. Is the pain constant, intermittent and does extending your arm relieve the pain but it returns once the bicep is relaxed?
                              It's both arms, identical pain. I don't really notice it unless lifting, curling. Pain does go away after arm is extended or relaxed. Tendinitis would make sense due to my previous elbow tendonitis. I'll research it more. Thanks!

Edit. Dr. Google shows that biceps tendonitis is at the shoulder end of the biceps and feels like shoulder pain. Usually accompanied by rotator cuff damage as well. Mine is at the other end of the biceps (inner elbow area).
                              Last edited by Chew; 01-19-2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

It's both arms, identical pain. I don't really notice it unless lifting, curling. Pain does go away after arm is extended or relaxed. Tendinitis would make sense due to my previous elbow tendonitis. I'll research it more. Thanks!
                                Probably not use to the extra work and just needs to get reconditioned. Streatching the bicep and forearm will help

Comment

Working...
                                X