Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are against medical MJ...watch this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In states that it is legal now the term medical use is to broadly defined. Mostly pot heads just looking to get high. I have no problem with it being legal but a class 2 status.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      you didn't answer the question, what is your profession ?

Are you ever "high" on the job ?

I could care less if you smoke indica, sensimilla, or hashish ... it's your life.

I would be concerned if you're a school bus driver or Air Traffic Controller
      I must have missed the part where he said he smokes on the job

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
        Uhh, I’ve pulled HS aged kids from a car that flipped and rolled into a fire hydrant cause the driver was stoned out of his mind and slowed his reaction time when he came around a corner in a neighborhood too fast. Only reason passenger didn’t die when the passenger side window got crushed by the fire hydrant was because he didn’t wear a seatbelt and when the vehicle rolled he fell onto the drivers seat. I don’t have an opinion on legality issues but I know it does affect people just like alcohol and lack of sleep and a hundred other things. It’s not a harmless herb that can be used as much as anyone wants without side affects
        I agree mostly with you, it should be used responsibly as with anyting else. Yes, I know there are some cases, but it is MUCH more rare than an accident involving alcohol. Most of the incidents involving pot there was another drug involved also. I am simply stating it is a sham that it's illegal in any way at all. It is much safer than alcohol, or any drug out there.

Comment

CBD has some tremendous benefits. I’ve done a little looking into it, it really is pretty fascinating.

Aside from curbing things like seizures, it is also an effective anti-inflammatory (pain management, without the opiates). It is not hallucinagenic, nor is it psychoactive. It will also not show up with THC markers in a drug test.

There is also research suggesting that it can aid in diabetes, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, PTSD, and even some addiction treatment.

If you really want to see something alarming, take a look at the DEA drug schedules.

Marijuana is Schedule 1
          Cocaine, meth, oxycontin, and Ritalin is a schedule 2
          Ketamine is a schedule 3
          Xanax is a schedule 4

That is a seriously bizarre schedule when you start looking at what research has shown the results of taking some of the lesser schedule drugs can do to the mind and body. It seems more influenced by politics than science.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
            I partake and **** proud of it! Even makes me a better hunter.... : ) Anyone against it is just brainwashed. It's a complete sham. When have you ever heard of someone getting cancer from smoking pot or driving and killing someone bc they were stoned?? Better yet when have you heard of someone being violent when on JUST POT?? All you high horseman go drink your 30 pack , have fun with that hangover tomorrow : )
            Amen

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              The video is heartbreaking, i have known a few folks that have seizures. Its a nightmare. And my libertarian side wants to agree with some of yall. But good grief, come up with a valid argument. All the dopeheads wanting to make it legal to smoke supposedly because of medical use is ridiculous. The coca plant, poppies etc are used to make beneficial medications/drugs too. But that doesnt mean we should make heroin and crack legal......geez. Cant yall see, you are being used by the recreational smokers to get it legalized for their own purposes. I have never met anyone who is against the medicinal use of MJ after the actual useful chemicals are extracted, for true medical purposes, prescribed by a dr. Just like morphine, codeine etc. Absolutely, people that have siezures should be able to purchase prescribed drugs, derived from MJ when prescribed by a DR. That doesnt mean Billybob should be able to smoke dope for fun.....
              So Billybob can run out and buy a Dirty 30 with a couple bottles of Jack and you're cool with it but by GAWD don't let him grab a couple of splifs...That will ruin the whole party. You don't make any dang sense.

Comment

Well, i'll chime in... living in Colorado and having spent 25 years in healthcare, it has defined benefits - both clinically and economically. There are trade-offs... but the pro's out weight the con's. As a Paramedic, I saw more catastrophic damage from people consuming alcohol versus pot (not to mention CBD which doesnt get you 'high').

I will say that I still find myself reacting when I smell it in public because i've only been up here a couple of years. Happened recently, I was like "what the hell, they are just smoking weed out here in public..." then my own reality hit as I took a sip of crown and coke out of a red solo cup... there really was no difference at that point, both are legal and both require the same amount of self control if you are going to consume.

I dont smoke it (or eat it.. or whatever) but I do support it.

Comment

I will be the first to say legalize it for all I care. Tax it. Make the laws similar to tobacco and harsh penalties for black market marijuana. But I will also chime in and say I have worked fatal car crashes that the major contributing factor was "high" on marijuana.. It does slow reaction times, hinders depth perception, and other things that are important when operating a vehicle. You find out after the fact that they were high on marijuana when the blood results from the eyeball come back.
                  I have worked many more from alcohol.

Raise the penalties for driving impaired. I don't care what they are impaired on.

Comment

I have seen numerous people throw their lives away after getting hook. I also know several more that have used for years without any problem at all. My problem is it changes your brain. Personally I like my brain just the way it is. I can see where it can have medical uses but that gets used for bs reasons. In CA if you have ever felt pain in your life you get a card.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
                      Ok, that's fine. That's just the facts : )....; BTW what's with the pothead remark? Do you drink? Does that make you an alcoholic?
                      Take a look at a few of his live threads and that will answer your questions

I'm all for legalizing it in every form and can't imagine someone being against the CBD oils.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        What I find sad is even when it's legalized to be used for medical purposes anyone can get it. All you have to say is you can't sleep or your back hurts or whatever. In my book that's not right. People are basically abusing it and making a mockery out of that little boy and people who need it for a legit reason.
                        You mean just like the 1,000,000 mom's out there hooked on Opiates? They're taking their kids and themselves to the ER every week to make sure they can get Hydrocodone. There are always abusers to the system.

Comment

Originally posted by jlptexashunter View Post
                          So Billybob can run out and buy a Dirty 30 with a couple bottles of Jack and you're cool with it but by GAWD don't let him grab a couple of splifs...That will ruin the whole party. You don't make any dang sense.
                          Where did I state I am "cool with" with alcohol? I dont know what a Dirty 30 is so not sure if i am Ok with it or not......are you sure I'M the one not making sense, arguing against points I did not make?

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                            A year ago I was in the {they just want to get high camp}

I have jumped to the other side of the ranch.

It really does have a place in today's world.....
                            I have seen people with Parkinson's and seizures and chronic pain all benefit from it. I totally agree it does have a place in the world today.
                            I personally think its less harmful than alcohol.

Comment

Weed's too slow, let's legalize coke!

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                                CBD has some tremendous benefits. I’ve done a little looking into it, it really is pretty fascinating.

Aside from curbing things like seizures, it is also an effective anti-inflammatory (pain management, without the opiates). It is not hallucinagenic, nor is it psychoactive. It will also not show up with THC markers in a drug test.

There is also research suggesting that it can aid in diabetes, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, PTSD, and even some addiction treatment.

If you really want to see something alarming, take a look at the DEA drug schedules.

Marijuana is Schedule 1
                                Cocaine, meth, oxycontin, and Ritalin is a schedule 2
                                Ketamine is a schedule 3
                                Xanax is a schedule 4

That is a seriously bizarre schedule when you start looking at what research has shown the results of taking some of the lesser schedule drugs can do to the mind and body. It seems more influenced by politics than science.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

"It's not what drugs you're strung out on they care about
                                So much as whose.."
                                -Todd Snider-

Comment

Working...
                                X