• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m good for Barnwell in April

Comment

Bump

Comment

I will be in Argentina the week of the 5th and won't be back till the 12th. Taking my wife to Puerto Vallarta for our 20th anniversary on the 18th.
        You fellers have fun and I will try and catch the next one.

Comment

I want to go. April is good for me. I like Hidden Falls 'cause its close to my house. Katemcy is good, too.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
            I'd be interested but going to Barnwell in mid March and doubt I would want to go back up there in April. Katemcy and Wolf Caves are my preferred stomping grounds but they don't allow ATV's or UTV's. Hidden Falls and Barnwell are about the best places for catering to everyone. I can make Hidden Falls almost anytime since it's less than an hour from my house.
            Y'all don't build this trip based on my previous posts. It looks lile im the onmy one who mentioned the idea a tagging sling with a a UTV anyway. I didn't know Katemcy and Wolf Caves didn't allow ATV/UTVs. Y'all just get it pinned down however and where ever works for Y'all. If I can make it I will. I'm the one who doesn't have a proper rock crawler here, so don't try to cater to me. I may be able to get my brother to come out anyway, and his rig is a proper crawler.

Do you have that old jeep with the flames on it that sounds great, looks great and goes everywhere? The one I'm thinking of has "Whiplash" painted on the side if my memory serves me correctly. Ive seen a jeep at Megarun the last several years at least that matches this description.
            Last edited by Pullersboy; 02-08-2018, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
              Y'all don't build this trip based on my previous posts. It looks lile im the onmy one who mentioned the idea a tagging sling with a a UTV anyway. I didn't know Katemcy and Wolf Caves didn't allow ATV/UTVs. Y'all just get it pinned down however and where ever works for Y'all. If I can make it I will. I'm the one who doesn't have a proper rock crawler here, so don't try to cater to me. I may be able to get my brother to come out anyway, and his rig is a proper crawler.
              There have been a couple guys that have mentioned atv/utv's so you aren't alone. That being said, anyone in your line of work has a seat in my rig as long as there's one open.

Here in a bit, I will open a sign up thread with the date and location.

Comment

all I know is for those of ya'll going, ya'll better post lots of pics! some of us don't have the free time and are planning on living through you.

Comment

Going to Barnwell for spring break with a small group in March.
                  It's a a big park.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Capp35; 02-08-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                    There have been a couple guys that have mentioned atv/utv's so you aren't alone. That being said, anyone in your line of work has a seat in my rig as long as there's one open.

Here in a bit, I will open a sign up thread with the date and location.
                    Cool! Thanks!

Comment

I'll ask my bud if he wants to take his rig we built in college out if the date works out. We haven't taken it out in years. Would be good to make sure it still works lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I went ahead and got a sign up thread going with date, time and location.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post

Do you have that old jeep with the flames on it that sounds great, looks great and goes everywhere? The one I'm thinking of has "Whiplash" painted on the side if my memory serves me correctly. Ive seen a jeep at Megarun the last several years at least that matches this description.

This is a TBH get together not a who can climb the biggest obstacle challenge. I don't mind going with UTV's or lesser built rigs, a lot of times the entertainment factor goes up. As long as attendee's are willing to listen and have realistic expectations everyone will do fine.

Nope, not my rig. Here's an older pic when the sheet metal was mostly straight.
                          Attached Files

Comment

This is a TBH get together not a who can climb the biggest obstacle challenge. I don't mind going with UTV's or lesser built rigs, a lot of times the entertainment factor goes up. As long as attendee's are willing to listen and have realistic expectations everyone will do fine.

Nope, not my rig. Here's an older pic when the sheet metal was mostly straight.
                            Nice!

Comment

Here's an older pic when the sheet metal was mostly straight.
                              Nope, it ain't no more.
                              But that is why we bought what we did. Something that we won't be upset about when we rub them rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                                Nope, it ain't no more.
                                But that is why we bought what we did. Something that we won't be upset about when we rub them rocks.
                                I've got a 72 Bronco in my garage that would be good as a purpose built rig. The plan was to build it as an on road/off road rig, but shortly after I tore into it I learned that it can't be registered for the road. A dedicated toy isn't my cup of tea so I need to get rid of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X