No announcement yet.

What is a good sized 8 pt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all about whatever makes you happy.The only person you have to please is yourself.

DJ

Comment

If it is a legal 8 outside of his ears and he looks tasty I am in. Seriously though a heavy 8 point i love to hunt them.

Comment

I think this one my dad killed is huge. Never had it scored but it’s His best to date shot in junction
        Attached Files

Comment

139 5/8" net
          Attached Files

Comment

My hunting buddy shot this one in Gonzales it’s 142 I believe. It’s low fence and it’s deer got his blood flowing so he harvested it.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'll say 170.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	big8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	24514374

I almost didn't shoot this deer because he was just an 8, and I like freaky stuff.
              He has 3 stickers, that amount to about 3", he's 28 1/2" wide, inside and his 8 point frame is right at 170.

If you ever get the chance to hunt with STGS, do it!

Really though, any 8 130 or up, is big. People don't understand how much antler it takes to get there, with only 8 points.

Comment

This one got my blood flowing since he was exactly what I was looking for in an 8 pt, but in an AR county I had already killed my buck in late October that year. So I took pics then called a cousin to come and hunt this buck. Luckily this buck hung around and he connected a couple of days later.
                I have killed a lot of 130, 140 and into low 150 class 8 pts that were huge for the area I was hunting. I have had most of them mounted. I am a fan of huge 8's.
                Last edited by texashunter56; 01-10-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Ive yet to kill one past 100" prolly, so anything bigger than that

Comment

One of the deer I am most proud of on my wall is a 127" 8pt I killed circa 2000 in Angelina Co.

As with most deer the score has little to do with why I pull the trigger, but if we have to put a number on it I'd say 125" 8 is a good one. There's a reason why P&Y is 125". A 140" 8 is an absolute giant!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Hillcountry 130" 8 is a big 8. South Texas 140
                      agree with this.

Comment

How bout the big 8 you could have shot, but only got a side view so you passed? Only to let your boss shoot him the next day! Not bad for Brown County.
                        Attached Files

Comment

141" Hamilton county. Almost 20 years ago now.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	24514378

Comment

I have always heard that a average whitetail buck wants to be 8 points with 120 inches....so anything above that would be above average.

Comment

Low fence 125
                              High fence 150

JMO!

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                                I have always heard that a average whitetail buck wants to be 8 points with 120 inches....so anything above that would be above average.
                                I like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X