Stand and Fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
    Coons will destroy that wire....ask me how I know....
    Yep, they destroyed mine when I made my cages out of that same wire. I would go with a heavier gauge wire before you put it in the field. Looks great otherwise.

Comment

I have never had a coon get into a feeder using this wire. I hope I am right on this one. I have multiple feeders with this wire. I guess we will see. I have never seen a heavier
      1"X2" wire. Any bigger than that and squirrels can get in.

Comment

Did you use 1" angle iron for the base?

Comment

You should be able to use that as an alarm clock while your sleeping in the blind!

Comment

1X1X1/8 angle all the way around. I have a buddy that owns a welding shop and I got some light sheet metal drops and pieced them together.

Comment

I you was closer I have some horse panel (2x4) that is perfect for that.

Comment

Also that is a good looking feeder, I have a barrel I may do the same thing with

Comment

Nice build. Looks good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                    I you was closer I have some horse panel (2x4) that is perfect for that.
                    That won't stop birds and squirrels though and I believe he doesn't want them getting to the corn. The corn would spread out better though with the 2"x4" panels.

Comment

You could cover the corners where the barrel sits with wire. It would let the rain through as opposed to solid metal.

Comment

I am probably going to build one just like this but I have a major coon problem. I'm curious how it would hold up

Comment

I'm just surprised this isn't being built in MY shop!!!

Comment

If you still have your plasma I would have been begging John. I had to make due with some redneck engineering.

Comment

Real Close to completion

She is almost done. Everything is set in place and hand tight. The barrel is bolted to the frame rather than welded. That way if the barrel rusts out, I can replace it without too much trouble. Solar panel is wired and mounted. I'm running two 12 volt batteries, so I just need to wire my jumpers and attach my solar panel plug. I plan on putting it out this weekend. The feeder will face East (big opening), so I needed my solar panel to face South. That is why it is mounted the way it is.
                              Attached Files

Comment

That thing looks good. One question, though, can water stand on the plate that the barrel sits on? If so, you might want to drill some holes in each corner to let it drain out.

Comment

Working...
                                X