Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NV monoculars

Getting started: Looking at Gen 1 ; ATN MO 2-1 : Sightmark ; Atn NV 360 ; Carson ayra NV 860; Would really like some infro; Looking to mount a NV scope on my AR. Want to Look first! Thanks Jay

Comment

For those of yall hunting pigs at night with Thermal/NV who have a reaper rest, what tripods are yall running with it?

My buddies use the SLIK Pro 700DX....but to me its heavy since I walk and check some spots.

Comment

Originally posted by sandpiper View Post
        Getting started: Looking at Gen 1 ; ATN MO 2-1 : Sightmark ; Atn NV 360 ; Carson ayra NV 860; Would really like some infro; Looking to mount a NV scope on my AR. Want to Look first! Thanks Jay
        Jay, so you are looking for a handheld monocular....not a rifle scope correct? What is your approximate price range and how far do you need to be able to see on a pitch black night. I'll throw out some suggestions that should meet your needs.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Good videos... Are you shooting suppressed?

A good REAPER rest will help on follow up shots. A lot of jumpy movement post shot 1

I have one, and yes it was used in the videos, however my rail on my AR is skinny and the Reaper barely grips it, I was kind of mad about it not closing to a tighter grip than it does.

yeah Its a suppressed 300 blk 10.5" barrel, w/silencerco harvester shooting 125 gr SST's which do magic on those pigs with great penetration and exit wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
            my rail on my AR is skinny and the Reaper barely grips it, I was kind of mad about it not closing to a tighter grip than it does.
            I had the same problem. I contacted Kopfjager about it and they sent me another set of the rubber grips. You cut off the top of the "fingers" and slide them over the existing grips. Works perfectly.

Comment

I have one, and yes it was used in the videos, however my rail on my AR is skinny and the Reaper barely grips it, I was kind of mad about it not closing to a tighter grip than it does.

yeah Its a suppressed 300 blk 10.5" barrel, w/silencerco harvester shooting 125 gr SST's which do magic on those pigs with great penetration and exit wounds.
              Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              I had the same problem. I contacted Kopfjager about it and they sent me another set of the rubber grips. You cut off the top of the "fingers" and slide them over the existing grips. Works perfectly.
              Good to know their customer service will do that. I will be upgrading to a 308 in the next 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                For those of yall hunting pigs at night with Thermal/NV who have a reaper rest, what tripods are yall running with it?

My buddies use the SLIK Pro 700DX....but to me its heavy since I walk and check some spots.
                I'm running a Slik Pro700dx/leg. I run a giotto on my hog saddle. I was loaned the Reaper Grip and Slik by a thermal dealer as a demo.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  That's good to know I was wondering how we would address a skinny rail

Comment

35remington good looking out!!! I will call them tomorrow because I don't plan on changing out of my 300 blk. It's super compact, light and the SST's drop them dead.

Comment

35remington good looking out!!! I will call them tomorrow because I don't plan on changing out of my 300 blk. It's super compact, light and the SST's drop them dead.
                      Tell me what ammo you use exactly? Send link if possible.

I have more run off then I would like with my 300 BO. I am running 125 grain Sierra reloads I believe

Comment

Mountain Lion/Big Cat Shot With Thermal in East Texas...

I wanted to share this video with my friends here in this forum. I post alot of hog hunting videos and a few days ago I had either a Mountain Lion, Cougar, or some type of Panther show up during one of my late night hog hunts. This has been a little secret of mine that I haven't shared with many people, mostly because I didn't want people around here in East Texas to think I was crazy, but I've had a Mountain Lion/Big Cat either living or hunting 100 yards from my front door for the past 8 months. In the past he's always eluded the opportunity for me to take a clean shot...until he showed up for the last time during the middle of hog hunt. From the video you'll see him amazingly jump 7 or 8 feet in the air after taking a shot to the front right shoulder. Be careful out in those fields chasing hogs guys, you never know what you might run into..

https://youtu.be/JiMvNtjIUSc

Comment

Dang wish you could have gotten a dog to track this thing! Cool video of one athletic animal. What caliber gun?

Comment

I know!! Wish that I had someone with dogs. I'm using a Ar-15 .223

Comment

I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since. My biggest fear is my neighbor Paul finding it dead somewhere on his property and taking credit for shooting it, haha!

Comment

What did you shoot it with?

Comment

Working...
                                X