Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR Caliber...want something new, last one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
    The Grendel is my favorite...so far and won't let the 3 son's even fight for it, lol! Does the 300 BO in sub or super provide that much better ballistics than say the 5.56? NO experience with the 300 at all. I do have some experience with the 204 and love the round, but only experience with the bolt action.

Just like to play with the AR platforms and shoulders don't react well to the higher recoil even with the 308.

Terminal ballistics to 200 yards, yes. Trajectory beyond 200 no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

300 Blk with super loads is comparable to a 30-30.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
        The "boys" and I have several AR platforms in 5.56, 308, 6.5 Grendel...and I/we don't have a hankering for an AK...what would YOU want if you were me?

I'm retiring November 1st and would like something really that few have to put in our arsenal? Want a "low recoil and in a caliber that we can buy or custom build at reasonable price." Reloading days are long gone so it has to be something to order ammo on line or find at the "box gun stores..not Walley Word." Would like to stay in the AR15 platform...

I have always wanted a 22-250 or 260 in an AR platform, but constant research on line has few if any options. At least for me/us...can't see any real advantage for the 300 BO options, but convince me if we/me are missing something?

Any advice?????

204 ruger

Comment

I'm starting to plan a build. I'd like a quality Glock mag compatible 9mm SBR/Integrally Suppressed with a forward charging handle with a good Echo type trigger. Or I could hit the lottery and buy a transferable MP5.

Comment

Dude, I want to see pics of the .410!

Comment

9mm. This one's got a 4.5" barrel. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Add another vote for the .204 Ruger. Makes for a great varmint rifle, not so hot for bigger stuff but you hit anything in the ear hole and it doesn't move much.

Comment

I build the addictive little things. I have them in the following calibers: 5.56, 6x45, Grendel, 6.8, 300 BO, 7.62X39, and AR 10's in 308 and 338 Federal. My favorite is the 6X45. Next is the 7.62X39. Wolf makes a 154 gr. SP loading that is death on pigs for the 7.62. I can't seem to warm up to the 6.8. The Grendel hasn't been fooled with enough to really form a bond yet.

Comment

I have seen ARs recently being built in the new 22 Nosler round. Close to 22-250 velocities from the AR-15.
                    Last edited by locolobo; 09-12-2017, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I want a .50 Beowulf. Just to say I have a 50 cal AR

Comment

7.62x39 or 9mm

Comment

Originally posted by RanchFairy View Post
                          7.62X39 AR. Fantastic critter cartridge, low recoil, easy on the wallet. I have 3 of them, one for each kid!! At least thats how I sold it. On pigs, its just very, very, effective.

Here's one of my reviews and some pig whacking:
                          https://youtu.be/WrW3nAIMMOk
                          Enjoyed the video...good background music too!

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                            458 socom or 50 Beowulf

Go big or go home. Ha
                            My exact thoughts. I want a .50 AR bad because I 'need' one! It makes big holes and must surely have a satisfying thump!

Comment

You have pretty much everything covered... so I'd go 9mm

Comment

You've got the killing stuff covered. I'd go with a having fun thing. 9mm AR fits the bill (and is cheap to shoot). This is my 4.5" barrel 9mm with Rugged Obsidian suppressor and red dot.

Comment

Working...
                                X