No announcement yet.

First Full Custom!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two different custom actions (Remington clones). Both use Wyatt internal mag boxes. I know it sounds odd, but when I work these actions slowly, they do not feed well. I was considering switching to the Curtis Custom bottom metal with the detachable box magazine. It would seem to me that a single stack center feed detachable box would feed better REGARDLESS OF THE SPEED AT WHICH I WORKED THE BOLT. Are you able to work the bolt slowly and it still feed properly?

Comment

Originally posted by kosyms View Post
      I have two different custom actions (Remington clones). Both use Wyatt internal mag boxes. I know it sounds odd, but when I work these actions slowly, they do not feed well. I was considering switching to the Curtis Custom bottom metal with the detachable box magazine. It would seem to me that a single stack center feed detachable box would feed better REGARDLESS OF THE SPEED AT WHICH I WORKED THE BOLT. Are you able to work the bolt slowly and it still feed properly?

Have you tried adjusting feed lips at all?

Comment

I have not.

Comment

Mine should be finished up in a couple of weeks, can't wait to get over to APR to pick it up!

Comment

Slick gun. Looking for a new custom builder as mine quit making guns. What's the build time for one of their rifles ?

Comment

Man, that rig is sweet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice rifle, I'm betting that 60 degree bolt throw is to your liking also.

Comment

Like the build and using the Curtis action for it, Alamo Precision is making some impressive rifles. 3 locking lugs and 60 degree bolt lift is very nice

Going back a long time .264 bullets in the 6.5 named cartridges goes back at least to 1892 6.5X55. I think in those days they often used the land to land not groove to groove dimension. Many cartridges are not named for the true bore dimensions .

Just for grins look at the .224 diameter bullet shooters, 2118 bee, 219 Donaldson wasp, 220 swift, 221 fireball, 222 Remington, 223 Remington, 224 Weatherby, 225 Winchester.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                    Slick gun. Looking for a new custom builder as mine quit making guns. What's the build time for one of their rifles ?
                    It depends on availability of components. Mine had a long lead time because of the action. I got one of the first batches. The stock can also have a long time if you go with something that is not on the shelf, that McMillan was a 3 week wait. Total this build was about 12 weeks I believe. I know they are cranking out other builds on Remington 700 actions and Grayboe stocks faster though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
                      Man, that rig is sweet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                      Thanks! Its a sweet shooter too! Ruined me for anything else though!

Already planning my next build with them on a titanium action and carbon fiber barrel!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                        Nice rifle, I'm betting that 60 degree bolt throw is to your liking also.
                        Took a bit to get used to but now that I am I love it!

Comment

I promise you won't be disappointed with APR!

Comment

Originally posted by jstanton View Post
                            It depends on availability of components. Mine had a long lead time because of the action. I got one of the first batches. The stock can also have a long time if you go with something that is not on the shelf, that McMillan was a 3 week wait. Total this build was about 12 weeks I believe. I know they are cranking out other builds on Remington 700 actions and Grayboe stocks faster though.

Thank you, I have a couple extra surgeon actions. I may give them a cal and see what we can work out.

Comment

Thank you, I have a couple extra surgeon actions. I may give them a cal and see what we can work out.
                              They are a great bunch of guys and very good at what they do! You won't regret it if you have them do a build.

Comment

That's a beaut!! Mind if I borrow it for a weekend? Ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X