Axis in Montgomery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
    If you are around the 149 / Jackson road area the michell place is in the area and has a lot of axis.
    This is correct. I hunt near there but have not seen any yet.
    Last edited by Firefyter; 01-12-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
      If you are around the 149 / Jackson road area the michell place is in the area and has a lot of axis.
      I live right there, yep there all around here from the floods. Lake creek kept washing out the high fence. Big bucks as well. Also, don't know if yall have seen them before but theres a pretty good size herd of Sitka running around this part of the country.

Comment

Man lucky you, I have a few buddies that live on the that side of town there might be more than just the two.

Comment

That is a big ole axis doe

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            There is a young blackbuck making his appearances on game cameras on my Splendora lease. A few lease members have watched him mill about in person from the stand.

Best guess if Harvey nocked down a high fence somewhere and let him loose.
            If you don't mind sending me one of the pictures, I'll tell you what I know about where he came from! 👍

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
              I filmed a black buck coming to the feeder several years back, in San Marcos. There are a bunch of axis deer out that way between San Marcos and Wimberly. Seen several from time to time, dead on the roadside, on the way to my parents' place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
              I take that back, it wasn't a black buck. It was a melanistic buck that I have on film at the feeder. I was just refreshed of that name from a thread that was just posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Nike View Post
                If you don't mind sending me one of the pictures, I'll tell you what I know about where he came from! ��
                He's not on my cameras - yet.
                It was other members cameras I was referring to.

If I can get a picture of him sent to me I'll be sure to send it your way.

Come to think of it I need to warn one of my sons friends I'm taking up there for an MLK day hunt not to shoot it if he sees him. Not something I usually have to go over.
                Last edited by DaveC; 01-13-2018, 04:38 AM.

Comment

I sure wish they would show up in my woods.

A buddy of mine not far from my house has a 190-200" deer coming into his feeder! We have plenty of whitetail around here so think it's native and not a high fenced escapee.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I personally wouldn't mind if axis deer spread statewide. I love hunting those animals

Comment

Working...
                    X