Spring break back in the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring break back in the day.

Didn't spring break come later in the year back in the 80s?
    I remember partying at the beach and it being hot coming home with sunburns and a bunch of my phone#s[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

We didn't have spring break. We got Good Friday off but I am an old er more experienced fart.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
      We didn't have spring break. We got Good Friday off but I am an old er more experienced fart.
      Exactly!

Comment

Now I don't feel so old.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          I remember partying at the beach and it being hot coming home with sunburns and a bunch of my phone#s[emoji41][emoji106]

Same time of year you just had more global warming back then LOL

Comment

I don't even remember much from spring break at south padre, it was all a blur. I just know I had fun

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
              Same time of year you just had more global warming back then LOL

No it was all the hair spray in the 80's that caused a hole in the O-zone

Comment

heck you guys were lucky! my spring breaks consisted of 40 hour days at the plant nursery cleaning and raking and working my *** off for a 1.00 sprite out of the vending machine a day. and that was only 10-15 years ago and it didn't matter the weather!~

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post

Phone#'s I remember coming home with crabs!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    No it was all the hair spray in the 80's that caused a hole in the O-zone
                    **** that's right I forgot about that LMAO!!

Comment

I took my daughter to the indoor Schlitterbahn yesterday. In my day if you wanted to swim on spring break you got hypothermia...and you liked it.

Comment

I was in college mid 70's. Going to Padre for Spring Break was always a crap shoot weather wise - some years a sunburn, some years not a bikini in sight. I made that long drive from Stillwater one time. After that a group of us went camping/fishing in the Ozarks every Spring break.

Comment

Spring Break ‘91!!!! God, please forgive me.

Comment

We went to Ft. Lauderdale for Spring Break one year in college (unbelievable what went on there) and it was the first week of April - I remember that we watched the NCAA Championship game (Phi Slama Jama vs. NC State) the night before leaving and that was April 4, 1983.

We stayed a ways off the main drag, but the hotels at the beach (multi-story hotels) all would rip out the carpeting for the month or so of college spring break, then re-install afterwards. That was less trouble than trying to get all the vomit, alcohol, etc. out of the carpets.
                            Culture was 'a little different' then - the tobacco companies had good-looking gals walking the boardwalk handing out free cigarettes to any/everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                              Originally posted by Clint View Post
                              Exactly!
                              Yep, Good Friday and Monday after Easter. Dat was it and it was called Easter break. Back then it was not considered racists and you were not offending anyone by acknowledging your Christian beliefs. We said prayer and the pledge of allegiance to the flag every morning.
                              Last edited by dbaio1; 03-13-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X